Blended Family

I literally could not stop writing. Please enjoy this new chapter.

Spring break came and Bart decided this was the perfect time to blend all our families together. Serena was less than pleased having to live under the same roof as Chuck. To be fair I wasn't pleased since I've spent most of my life in my suit. Never having to check in with Bart since he follows our every move and now he's trying to act like we're the perfect family. He's trying for Lily and her kids that he never did for us. I love the idea he's found someone who he really cares for, but acting like the past 17 years haven't been absent father central.

The first night officially living as the Bass/van der Woodsen Serena sat down with me and explained how the drama about Blair and sleeping with both Nate and Chuck made her want to leave for Paris. Serena convinced her to stay and wait out the scandal. I was shocked but not surprised that Blair didn't talk to me about how hard all of this was on her, I did make it clear I needed time away, but no matter what happens between us I will always be there for her. I thanked Serena for sharing the news and I hightailed it all the way to Blair's. Dorota was thrilled to see me. I found Blair hid away in her room and when she saw me we ran into each other's arms.

__________________________________
"B, no matter what happens I will always be here for you." I break away from our hug to see Blair wiping away her tears.

"E, I am so sorry for everything. I should have been open with you about the pregnancy scare and I should have known better than to string your brother along. I will always cherish our friendship and will never take it for granted. Please forgive me for all I've done."

"Blair, we're practically family. There's absolutely nothing you could ever do to me to make me stay mad at you. I just want you to know you can tell me anything and I may question your choices, but I would never hold them against you."

We laughed the whole night watching our favorite Audrey Hepburn movies.

"B, why did you not tell me you were thinking of leaving for Paris?"

"Oh, E, I was so upset with myself and how my actions caused all of this drama that I couldn't force myself to face you after everything I did."

I reach out and grab her hand. "B, out of anyone I would understand what you went through." Blair raised her eyebrows and sat up looking at me.

"What do you mean?" I knew I had to come clean to someone.

"Since Carter and I have been in a relationship we've progressed to umm..."

"E, I know you and Carter have had sex many times, no need to dance around it."

"Well, with sex sometimes comes with." I clear my throat. "Being late," I say under my breath.

Blair jumped off her bed and had wide eyes as she looked completely shocked.

"E, are you saying you also had a pregnancy scare?" I nod.

"Why didn't you tell me? I wouldn't have judged you."

I raise my head and gave B a serious look. "Like you B, I didn't want to admit what could possibly change my life forever. I prayed that it wasn't true, and when I found out I wasn't pregnant I was relieved."

"Well, obviously, you're not I would have noticed with that supermodel figure of yours." Blair jokes.

"B, I never even told Carter my concern."

"Why? I thought you two didn't keep secrets from each other?"

I take a deep breath. "We don't, but I didn't feel the point of telling him something that didn't happen, but it hurts me knowing I'm keeping this secret from him. I want to tell him, but I'm scared of what the outcome may be."