A Star Is Born

I loved writing this chapter. I hope you all enjoy it.

The excitement of Fashion Week has everyone on edge. Bart still hadn't confirmed if he was able to make a flight into New York, and I couldn't get hold of Chuck. I should be feeling like I'm on top of the world, but all I feel is loneliness. None of my friends care enough about my career to even bother coming. I saved a few seats for them but none confirmed if they were coming. Gina kept running by me as I waited in hair and makeup telling me that everything would be okay.

"Gina, has anyone confirmed if they're coming?" I ask as my hair is being curled to perfection.

She stops yelling into her blackberry to look at me with a sad look. "I'm sorry Ella, I've called Bart, Lily even your brother, but no one has answered." I purse my lips and hold in my emotions.

"Um, thank you G. Um... when am I walking again?" I change the subject to keep me from breaking down. This is one of the biggest moments in my career and not one member of my family was here to support me.

"You're walking right after Naomi and then you close the show with Zac. And afterwards you have some press and then the next day is more press with Zac and then you're walking Alexander Wang and then the after party for Michael Kors.

"Good thing I'll be busy so I can ignore the lack of support." I moved from hair and makeup to get into my first dress. It was time for me to walk and I was shaking with nerves. The one thought that couldn't stop popping up in my mind was the idea of tripping. I cleared my mind and got behind Naomi. And just like that lights, camera action. I saw nothing other than the flashing lights and the cheers from the crowd. I finally made it to the end and stroke my best pose and made it back to change into the finale dress.

__________________________________
"How do you feel Ella?" Zac came up to me and I'm still on a high from walking that I have no nerves talking to someone as important as Zac Posen.

"I was nervous but now I'm just over joyed that I'm living out my dream!"

"From what I've heard everyone is raving about you and all your success." Zac took my arm and we close his show. Everyone is giving us a standing ovation. I quickly look around and still don't spot anyone I know until I turn to my left and low and behold there he was. In his perfectly tailored suit. My father was there with the most genuine smile I've ever seen. I hold back my emotions but keeps smiling at me.

__________________________________
Zac and I head over to interviews with Vogue and Vanity Fair.

__________________________________Zac and I head over to interviews with Vogue and Vanity Fair

"Zac your collection was exquisite. How did you come up with this line?"

"It just came to me one night and then I saw Ella Bass on her many covers of Harper Bazar and I was just inspired to design my whole collection around her and others who emit her grace and impeccable style." I beamed with happiness hearing such great compliments from someone so well known as Zac Posen.