Chapter 50

We woke up the next morning, bright and early to get ready. Turns out the drive there would be an hour and some minutes and we all know how punctual Iain loves to be.
Once arrived, somehow traffic still made us late. Who knew such a small city could have gridlocks. Getting out of the car, I saw a tall building ahead made mostly of glass with a large cobblestone path.

"Hurry, hurry!"

Going as fast as my seven inch heels would allow, I almost tripped on the cobble stone trying to keep up with Iain.

"Do you know how tall my damn heels are?! We're already late, slow down mustang sally." I huffed angrily, already annoyed with the antics of the slow moving cars on the road and now this jack ass is rushing me to my death. Cobblestone and heels are suicide, how do these women do it?

Entering the building, we made our formalities with the receptionist and other business people entering and exiting on our way to the elevators.
Getting the nearest available one, Iain and I started to gather our bearings.

Lifting his suitcase and popping it open , Iain gave me the run down.

"Remember Aaliyah, we are businessman. The goal is to sound good and make a believable sale. I don't care what you do in there, but I do care what you say so chose your words carefully and look advertising...confident. I'll do most of the talking you won't have to worry about a thing."

I mentally scoffed. From the sound of it I would've thought we were selling me! Okay, make him look good Aaliyah. That should be easy.

Hearing the ding we exited the elevator and proceeded down the long corridor. Utilizing the time, I skimmed through documents quickly before entering the board room first, with Iain in tow.

"Good Morning gentlemen." I said smoothly. Shaking everyone's hands as I made it to the end of the table. The boards and power point was set up already for presentation.

"Please, everyone have a seat." Iain untucked his suit jacket button swiftly as he went for the Power Point remote.

"Oh please. Mr. Pliegue, if you would be so kind as to let your wife do these presentation. It's rare we have the ....the uh pleasure of having a woman in the boardroom." The burly man had a thick Italian accent but I knew sarcasm anywhere.

I internally screamed. Looking to Iain, I observed he did not hide his shock. He were obviously bluffing...merely poking fun. But, if Iain didn't take him up on it we would look bad and from the way Iain was positioned I could tell this man must be our target of persuasion.

"Of course..." Iain handed the remote to me, lingering a little too long for comfort I would assume. I needed it.

Standing without hesitation, I went in front of the screen and pressed the green arrow. Trying to conjure up everything I just got done reading a few minutes ago, I turned up the charm.

"Pliegue Industries. One of the most efficient and best rated company franchise not only in modernizations but flexible style and price. We are virtually successful in every area of business but, I'm sure you already knew that. With limitless amounts of expertise from the oldest ranking MO's, to the youngest quaint experienced...the wife."
On cue everyone let out a chuckle and I internally praised myself. Continuing on, I hit the green arrow once again providing the screen with images of previous company collaborations.

"We are like family, any one we collab with become apart of that family and...we all know familia has each others backs." Good thing I read the basic Italian Words manual on the ride here.

I heard a grunt of approval in the background as I switched slides.

"Quote, Last year the company 'Synomix' dropped in sales by 21% in just two months after new product launch, being previously partnered with Pliegue Industries they called their past ally for help and received major sweep of sales from the lended hand because of new great advertisement pitches. Thanks Mr. Pliegue! Unquote."

Putting down the remote I walked over to the man who suggested I present.

"From the article I hope you see our loyalty is strong and your products will be more than safe and successful in our hands and be assured while they're in yours even, we'll help you grow your product as well as ours. Now in case you're still feeling unsure, we are throwing our investments in as well so if there's any risk we're taking it head on as well."

As I took a seat I saw men started to stand and clap slowly for me. I smiled widely, not afraid to show my gladness. Iain gave me a kiss on the cheek as he took back over and covered the points I missed.

Maybe I am qualified for this.