E-I-G-H-T

Kacey's POV:
My cheek hurts. My father just hit me, hates me doesn't he? It's so obvious, he's only taking me in, because there is no one else to.

Maria: don't get too upset Kacey, I'm sure he didn't mean it.
Maria said as she comforted me.

Kacey: course he meant it, he doesn't want me anyway.

Maria: don't say that. Joey wouldn't hate his own child. And he's coming right now, I'm guessing to tell you something.

I looked and saw my father coming as he opens the door and approached us. I could see Daniel watching from the window behind him.

Joey: um Kacey.

I didn't answer but just looked at him, with a red mark on my face from where he hit me  earlier, it still hurt.

Joey: I know your mad and don't want to talk and I don't blame you.

I still didn't respond, I was still upset and mad at him.

Maria: Joey, you will need to try harder. She is very upset with you.

Joey: *bites his lower lip and then proceeds to carry on* I'm here because I have something I want to tell you.

I still didn't answer, but I made full eye contact with him this time. Daniel was still watching through the window with his arms folded this time.

Joey: And that is, I am sorry that I hit you and took my anger out on you.

Maria: Kacey, he just apologised. I think it's best you say something now.

I looked at her and then at Joey as I looked down, then looked at Joey again.

Kacey: it's um, ok. Um your forgiven.

Joey: thanks.

Daniel walks out and joins us saying:

Daniel: Joey, I'm proud of you for doing that. If you ever hit Kacey again...
He was cut by Joey saying

Joey: I know you will make me apologise again.

Daniel: you got that right.

We went inside, as Daniel talked to Joey, I'm guessing it's about earlier.

Daniel's POV:
Joey had just apologised to Kacey and I'm proud of him for doing that. He however still needs to accept her which he hasn't yet. I want him to though, after all it's his child. Tomorrow I'm taking Kacey to see her mother and then the day after Kacey is returning to school.

Funny though, Kacey would usually go upstairs straight away when Joey is around downstairs, but this time she stayed down stairs and was on her iPad watching YouTube videos. As Joey was watching the tv, sitting a few metres away from her. At least this time there hasn't been any fight between them.

Joey's POV:
It's already 5.00pm and I feel tired already from all the editing, so I decided to take a break and have a nap on the couch, Kacey was upstairs in her bedroom probably writing another sick twisted story and Daniel and Maria are out. I left the table and snuggled down on the couch, within a second I was asleep.