F-O-R-T-Y-S-I-X

Daniel's POV:
He's literally refusing. This is starting to get ridiculous.

Daniel: oh...just apologise.

Joey:.....ok
He said quietly, feeling defeated at this point. He headed up to Kacey's room and since I don't trust him alone with her, I followed quietly without him knowing.

Kacey's POV:
I sat there on my bed completely devastated by what Joey said. I couldn't believe my own father would say such a thing to his own daughter,"Only has one friend, probably because no one at her school likes her," that will never leave my mind.

I hear foot steps coming into my room, the door opened and it was Joey. He closed the door behind him and stood face to face with me. Saying;

Joey: Kacey, I came here to apologise.

Kacey: for?

Joey: saying at the table, that no one liked you at school.

Kacey: why did you say that in the first place?

Joey: because I felt that what you said pissed me off.

Kacey: oh, well sorry about that then. I'll be more careful next time. But wait, I was only giving you advice.

Joey: well the advice sucked.

Kacey: you haven't even gave it a shot.

Joey: I've tried that kind of advice before and it sucked!

Kacey: you clearly haven't changed. Ever since you saying so many horrible things to me, I still remember and always will, why do you treat me this way!?

Joey: treat you like what?! Your being ridiculous!

Kacey: you treat me like shit, god I hate you! Sometimes I wished Daniel was my actual dad, not you!

Joey: YOU BRAT!!!

A hand hits my cheek, about twice. My father hit me and it was the third time this happened. My hurt, it's not long till the burning came in. I hated him. My hand went to my cheek. It wasn't over yet, he pushed me on my stomach and spanked me several times, till I felt my ass hurting. He gets up and heads for the door saying;

Joey: you can go to bed hungry, for saying that! What a waste of space, you are!

With that he slams the door.

Daniel's POV:
I heard shouting from Kacey's room, mostly sounded like Joey and then slapping. Oh god, he hit her too. It suddenly goes silent and Joey comes out the room, looking a bit angry.

Daniel: what just happened in there?
I said sounding worried about Kacey.

Joey: we'll talk downstairs and by the way she gets no dinner tonight.

Daniel: what?!
I said as we went downstairs.

We discussed in the kitchen. I was completely shocked by what Joey was saying;

Joey: Kacey was being rude, as usual. She gives poor advice, it's like she's trying to get rid of my friends.

Daniel: Joey, I can tell your lying. Kacey wouldn't do that, your clearly over doing it. Just admit it.

Joey: you too?! Your supposed to be on my side!

Daniel: I'm not picking sides! I just think, you have been treating Kacey like shit lately! I feel bad for her and what she has to go through, it's not fair on her!

I couldn't believe I did it. My hand hit his cheek, which almost made Joey fall to the floor, but he kept his balance. He holds his cheek, completely shocked by what I did.

Joey: I can't believe you!!!! I'm outta here!!!!
He screamed, almost crying and he stormed out and to his car. He got in and drove off. I didn't bother going after him, knowing he'll be back later.

I hear sudden noise coming from the stairs, it sound like limping. I went to investigate and when I looked, it was Kacey, looking a little reddened. As if she has been crying.

Kacey: what just happened down here?

Daniel: me and Joey got into an argument.

Kacey: oh. Where is he?

Daniel: he left. What happened up in your room with Joey?

Kacey: he got angry over the littlest things and yelled at me, he hit me twice.

When we went into the kitchen, in the brighter light. I saw a huge hand mark on Kacey's left cheek. I could kill him for this. But I want joey to change, because I love him and know he wouldn't do this.

Daniel: what for?! You did nothing wrong! It hurts me, so much seeing him treat you this way.

Kacey: I know *crying a bit*

It hurt me to see her cry. I felt bad for her and that she has to go through with this. Her and Joey are clearly going to hate each other. Especially Joey. I pulled her into a hug, she cried into my chest, as I felt warm tears soaking into my shirt. I stroked the back of her head.

Daniel: it's gonna be ok, sweetie. I promise.

Kacey: can you adopt me? I'm sick and tired of Joey and how he's been treating me.

Daniel: I wish I could, you know. But there's no way Cat is going to sign the form, but Joey however just might, since he clearly just showed he didn't want kids.

Kacey: oh, but I wish you could adopt me.

Daniel: me too. But, you have to be strong, the matter what. Ok?

Kacey: ok.

We stopped hugging, and ate some food which was the curry. I looked at my phone and got no messages from Joey.

Cat's POV:
I was outside their door, but weirdly enough I couldn't do it. I turned round feeling defeated by nothing. I got in my car and drove off. I was driving round and everywhere in LA, I stopped by at the beach. Taking a walk with a bottle of beer in my hand.

I sat down on the sand, taking a long drink from the bottle. I looked around and saw that the beach was deserted. Suddenly I hear footsteps behind me, it was getting closer. I turned round and it was.........

Author's Note:
Yup, cliffhanger.......I'll update soon with the answer. And a thank you to
@just_janiel 17 for the suggestion, it really helped me a lot 😊.
Bye! :)