2.

unedited.

+pleasevoteandshare

***

They had spent almost an hour at the garden just playing around and having fun. Sadly that time came to an end, it was about time they returned to the party.

When they arrived, they noticed the number of people before had decreased. Aido's parents had frantically been looking around for their son that had ran off.

Emiko noticed two figures hastily discussing among themselves and also noticed one of them had blonde hair and icy blue eyes just as Aido had. She stepped back and pushed Aido in the direction of his parents. He looked back in confusion and she just rolled her eyes before pointing to the crying woman who was being comforted by her husband. When he finally got the jiff, he ran towards his parents not before waving goodbye to Emiko, his newly found friend.

Emiko watched them from the distance. A feeling of envy arose in the big empty hole in her heart. The moment they saw their child running towards them they spread their arms wide apart to catch the child and smiled in relief.

From the corner of her eyes, something flashed. She turned towards the direction of the flash and saw that it was only just the light hitting a mirror. She then examined herself. She had platinum hair that reached her collarbone. Her bangs were almost like curtains which reminded her for the need to cut it later on. She had one eye red and the other blue, and wore a long flowy baby-blue dress that was simple and pretty but not to forget she was barefoot. She only realised this just now as she had forgotten them at the garden.

"What are you doing?" A curious, squeaky voice asked.

Emiko's face reddened. She felt embarrassed having to be caught looking at herself in the mirror, almost like a child being caught red-handed for stealing something.

She quickly turned to the voice. She then sighed in relief realising it was only just Yuki with a big, bright smile on her face as usual.

"O-Oh.. Yuki, Happy Birthday." I managed to say, playing with my fingers.

"What are you saying, silly. It's your birthday too you know!" She replied.

Actually, Emiko's birthday had already passed but Yuki liked to consider her as a twin sister. Emiko is older than Yuki by a year and her birthday is on the very first day of January but she has never really celebrated her birthday; she'd rather stay in her room. It's not like anyone cared anyway.

"Oh! By the way, Kaname-nii is coming home today! You gotta stay up to see him though, I heard from Mama and Papa that he'll arrive very late due to some issues. I'm still excited though!"

To Emiko, it wasn't a surprise that Kaname was coming home. He came home every year for her and Yuki's birthday and stayed for a small period of time before leaving again.

Shaking away the memories that occurred, Emiko tried to smile for Yuki but it resulted in a nervous smile instead.

She knew what he was so busy with. It was curiosity that killed the cat. She knew all too well.

***

Emiko opened her eyes tiredly, having to feel the cold gush of wind that caressed her skin. It caused her discomfort and disturbed her sleep. She sat up from the bed before reaching over to push the window close.

After the party she had went straight to her room in the attic and slept, forgetting to close the window. She regretted choosing this attic as her room. Maybe the want to be isolated was a bad choice, she thought.

For the past five minutes Emiko just sat there, with her body wrapped in blankets, blinking away the sleepiness. The events that recently took placed reoccured in her memory lane. 

She had lie to Aido. Her reasons to lie were obvious. If word slipped out that she was a procreation of a Pureblood and an Aristocrat that was beyond forbidden then surely she would live to suffer the consequences. Her birth name is Alice. To protect herself she had to lie because many knew of her background and seek to search for her. But, she did speak of half of the truth. She does not have a real name to settle down on, her name changes and varies each person she is introduced to. When the little boy her age befriended her after naming her, she was shocked but grateful as she would always treasure that name. Therefore is the reason why she refers to her inner self as Emiko. On the outside she is Alice and on the inside she is Emiko.

She searched for her hairbrush with her eyes closed and opened them when she found it. She ran the bristles down her hair from top to bottom, disentangling tangles. When she was done she placed her brush back in its spot and noticed small drops of water. Had it been raining?

In curiosity, she pulled the window open and her eyes widen. It was snowing. Snow was her best friend, the only thing she liked besides Yuki.

In haste, she rushed to jump off her bed and scrambled to her closet as she ripped it open. She buried her hand into the clothes hanging from a coat hanger and pulled out a beige coat. She wrapped it around herself, slipping her arms into the sleeves and rushed out the door, heading downstairs.

When she finally managed to get out of the manor, she found herself in front of the porch, looking up at the sky the sprinkled snow generously. Her cheeks became red and her eyes were in awe as she slowly stepped out towards the open area. Lifting up her arm with her hands as a guide, a snowflake fell to the palm of her hands. She brought it close to her face so she could see it better before dropping it to the ground.

"Alice?"

Her body froze at the familiar boyish voice that uttered her birth name.

She turned to the voice and gasped. She didn't want to see him again..

"K-Kaname?"