13.

unedited.

+pleasevoteandshare

***

Emiko and Zero were not informed that there was a guest coming, especially so early in the morning. Who could it possibly be? They thought as they entered the building that they called home.

Emiko lead first as Zero locked the door behind him and removed his shoes, placing them on the rack. He looked up from where he was standing to see turning the corner towards the kitchen but stopping herself, not going any further. His hand gripped the basket tightly as he slowly approached her. She had stiffened up and he wanted to know what was wrong.

The moment he was close to her he dropped the basket and his eyes expanded. His saw a tall brown-haired person ruffling Yuki's hair. A Pureblood. Fire burned within him as he pushed Emiko gently to the side and ran to the dining table, grabbing a butter knife and penetrated into the person who quickly defended himself by using his arm instead.

"Zero!" Screamed Yuki as she ran up to him, trying to pull him away.

Emiko gulped as she darted towards the silver-haired boy, grabbing his arm and pulling him back with all her strength. She sweat dropped when he scowled, glaring so intently at the person before him. She anticipated what would happen next and tightened her hand on Zero's arms as he continued to shoot daggers.

"That wasn't very nice." Kaname stated calmly as he grabbed the butter knife that pierced his skin and ripped it out. "I have no intentions of being killed by you."

Zero was huffing and puffing in anger. Just because he accepted Emiko as a Pureblood does not mean he accepts any other Pureblood. Kaname had appeared out of nowhere, he was a stranger to Zero so it's acceptable he shows his distrust of a Pureblood whom he has never met before.

Who knows what his intentions could be, thought Zero. 

Kaien, who had been watching the whole time, edged near Zero and placed his hand on the boy's shoulders, leading him away so he could calm down. He must admit, he didn't expect Zero to be that brave to stab someone much less a Pureblood that could easily kill him.

"A-Are you alright, Kaname-senpai?" Stuttered Yuki, worriedly taking the Pureblood's arm and checking over it.

"I'm fine, Yuki." Kaname replied softly before looking at Emiko who immediately looked away from his piercing gaze.

Though it had been years already, the innocent and young Emiko had once followed him, being curious as to why he would leave every night. One day, she witnessed him killing a vampire. She remembered every detail such as the moment he pierced his hand into the vampire's heart and ripping it right out as the snow became tainted with a red colour.

From then she became scared of him and would often shiver when he turned his gaze on her. Though she still fearing Kaname, she learned to be accepting of him and that fear of hers decreased little by little.

"It has been long, hasn't it Alice?" He questioned as he felt his wound healing in a matter of seconds.

Emiko nodded, keeping her gaze elsewhere. Kaname didn't like that, he wanted her too look at him just like how she was looking at the silver-haired boy that stabbed him almost a few minutes ago. Yuki dropped her hands from Kaname's arm as he approached her sister. Yuki balled her fists and bit her lip as she observed them. 

Kaname lifted his hand and turned her sister's head to look at him by using her chin, making Yuki feel a little jealous.

Yuki undestood they had an amicable bond from the moment she met them. They were the ones who had saved her from a vampire that was ready to eat her and she knew that they were already familiar with each other however she couldn't help but ask herself what kind of relationship they have. Sometimes they share a pleasant interaction but in some occasions like where Kaname would make advances towards Emiko which made her confused and made her heart ache.

"Welcome back, Kaname, though if you don't mind me asking, how long are you staying for?" Emiko asked effortlessly.

Kaname laughed inwardly and replied, "I will be staying in the country from now. I have a few a meetings to attend though I chose to stop by to greet the both of you."

"Ehhhhh? Kaname-senpai is staying?! Yes!" Yuki interupted, bouncing up and down in excitement.

Emiko had a surprised expression on her face, remembering Kaname's words in his letter. 

Do you remember my promise to you? That when I finally have you close to me again I will make you my queen.

She appeared thoughtful and lost in her thoughts. What did he really mean by that? What was he trying to say? Emiko sighed inwardly and suddenly Zero's face popped up in her head, making her snap from her trance and almost gasped. Why did he appear in her thoughts? All these questions made her head ache.

She had not known Zero for not even a week and he was already dominating her mind, she simply can't get him out of her thoughts for some reason. It seems since yesterday she kept thinking about him and she didn't know why.

Zero ..

Zero Kiryu ..

Argh! There she goes again! Her mind is even chanting his name now. She face palmed and sighed deeply, covering her face that was growing hot. There was something definitely wrong with her today, she could possibly be gaining a fever. She almost laughed at her ridiculous thoughts, vampires don't get sick like that, right?

"Well girls, I think it is time for me take my leave. Yuki, please thank Kaien for me as I will be leaving first." Kaname said, his velvety voice making Yuki's heart beat rapidly. She nodded her head and quickly ran out of the kitchen to look for Kaien.

Kaname then looked at Emiko who now had finally uncovered her face and instead held onto the place of her dead heart, seeming to grip the material of her shirt tightly. He bent down to her ear and whispered,

"Don't forget my words, Alice." He whispered before standing upright and placing a hand on her head, stroking her head as he walked past her.

Don't forget my words, Alice. Those words repeated in her mind as she stiffened.