27.

unedited.

p.s please check out my Kamisama Kiss/Hajimemashita FANFIC!

I do not own the video - rights go to Youtuber xAnimeFanKingdom

***

Emiko's eyes began to water. Her heart with filled with so much pain that it was about to crack open. All of her emotions were moved into her tears which were begging to spill out. Her legs trembled incredibly and were waiting to give out. If she wasn't holding onto Hanabusa right now, she would had fallen.

Pain..

Loneliness.

Grief.

All three of these emotions struck her endlessly and they weren't hers. She latched tightly onto Aido's sleeve, surprising him. Not giving the blonde a glance, she lifted her head slowly to look in the direction of Zero's distancing back.

"Emiko," A deep, soft voice called out to her. She immediately turned to look at Kaname to see that he had been watching her with saddened eyes. "Go."

Another pain struck her. Again, the pain wasn't hers. She wasn't the one producing all of these emotions, so why is she feeling it now?

Emiko nodded silently and pushed herself off of Aido who refused to let her go, but with a look Kaname gave him made him let go easily. Emiko gripped the material of her shirt and started walking. It hurt so much she didn't even have the energy to teleport. Each step she took increased the pain, but she kept moving forwards following Zero's distant back which was too far for her to reach.

Kaname turned away and ordered Rima and Senri to check the premises and site in case there was anything suspicious. He had felt a wave of feeling the moment he arrived here and it continuously bothered him. Dismissing the rest of the Aristocrats, Kaname pulled Yuki close and embraced her tightly in his arms while his mind wondered to Alice and her tearful face. The feeling of defeat he felt ate him up inside so he then pushed her to back of his mind as he lead Yuki away from the scene and decided to escort her back to her dorms personally.

No matter how strong he is, he could never win against Zero when it comes to Alice's heart. He'll back down for now, but when the time comes that's when things really start.

"Zero! Zero, wait!" Emiko yelled after the silver-haired boy who stopped for a moment under a tree. She had been following him for a while and finally got close enough to call for him.

The platinum-haired female stared at his back when it clicked to her that he wasn't going to turn around to face her. Her breathing was still ragged but it was improving unlike before. She took a deep breath in and out before swallowing deeply.

"Just leave me alone." She heard him demand, managing to hear a crack at the end of his voice. Emiko blinked away the tears and approached him slowly.

"Zero--"

"LEAVE ME ALONE!"

By this time, Emiko flinched and stopped approaching him. It would only take a few steps more to get to him and didn't dare turn to face her, not wanting her to see his face. He felt guilty for yelling at her, but he just wanted to be left alone for now. Continuously remembering the shocked expression she had on her face filled with mixed emotions in her eyes, Zero just couldn't stand her looking at him like that. She already thinks of him as a monster because he almost drank from her sister and that though enough was already tearing him apart.

"You see that boy there?"

"Yea? What about him?"

"I heard he's the only survivor of the Kiryu's. His whole family was killed, and even the youngest ran away with the murderer." 

It was a rainy day of the Kiryu's funeral. A boy dressed in a black suit with silver hair sat with a man and two other girls of his age. The boy, Zero Kiryu, had said nothing and kept to himself throughout the whole ceremony. 

Friends and colleagues of the two deceased Kiryu's whom Zero had never met had all took turns bowing in front of two coffins and spoke a few words to them as if they actually cared. Zero knew all too well that all the people here were fake, they only came to mock his parents that were already dead. None of these people were sincere, all they know how to do is spread gossip, rumours filled with lies and mocked.

Zero's hands remained in his lap as his scrunched the material of his pants while balling his fists.

"And guess what? I heard the boy was bitten." 

That sentence, followed by snickering, was enough to set him off. He stood up from his chair and lunged at whoever had said that, throwing his fists around and kicking. He became a raging bull and charged at all the guests who screamed and ran from their seats. Kaien managed to hold Zero down and separated him from the other guests as he continued to punch with his tightly balled fists.

He didn't ask for any of this to happen to him.

"GET OUT! GET OUT!" Zero yelled in anger and the guests did just that, running from the seats and away until the room no longer was filled with anyone besides them.

Yuki and Emiko glanced at each other with saddened eyes. Emiko made the move to walk over to him when he was seated into a chair to calm down by Kaien. She stood in front as he huffed and puffed, dipping his head down so she wouldn't see his eyes. Noticing the boy's trembling body, Kaien placed his palm on top of the kid's head and silently patted it. Zero tensed a bit before finally relaxing as all the tears he tried to hold spilt out all down his face.

Hearing footsteps behind him, Zero turned slightly to see Emiko right behind him. She grabbed both of his forearms with her small hands to steady herself before glancing up at him.

"Zero," She started as she moved her hands to reach up. Then suddenly, she held his face in her hands and pulled it closer to her, stunning him. "I'll make the pain go away."

He was confused by her last statement, what did she mean? Make his pain go away? That wasn't even possible.

"What--"

He was cut off before he could finish his sentence as her bright glowing red eyes distracted him. The more he stared, the more interesting he found he eyes as if it was luring him in. One moment he was watching her beautiful red eyes, and then suddenly the next black covered his vision.

"You'll be okay now." Was the last thing he heard.

***

Can you guess Emiko's power now?;)