11.

unedited.

+pleasevoteandshare

***

"Will you help me fulfil this wish of his?"

They made a deal, if one helps the other then the other will pay back that help. It was a heartwarming deal between a human and a vampire. When Zero surprised her by taking her hand, Kaien smiled happily as he thought it may lead to a change in the future. The thin string that connects them overtime will gradually thicken, creating a bond and they will be the proof of his plans.

 Emiko remembered her words that were spoken to the newcomer, Zero, and it made her smile effortlessly as she squeezed out the water of the wet cloth.

Zero was currently sleeping upright on the couch, still wary of his surroundings and of her as a Pureblood he stubbornly chose not to lay down and sleep peacefully. Emiko leaned over and pushed the cloth to his neck where she gently dabbed it. His blood tainted the cloth and she used all her might to restrain herself.

Suddenly a hand clasped her wrist, surprising her, before she was pushed down onto the floor and a heavy weight hovering over her.

Zero's eyes were wide open now, staring deeply into her own. A moment passed and Zero finally glanced at the cloth in her hand that was stained with blood and he relaxed. He slowly got off of her, sitting himself back on the couch.

"You don't need to do that." He said coldly, looking away from her.

Emiko pushed herself up from the floor and patted out her skirt. She then friendly smiled at him that made him something in him perk up in irritation. He hated how she smiled at him so passively and as if this world wasn't screwed up! She was smiling as if nothing was wrong when there are possibly kids like him, probably younger even than him, being killed and stripped of their human innocence!

"But I want to, I just want to help. We made a deal, didn't we?" She stated, still keeping the smile on her face which irritated him even more.

"Just because I accepted the deal doesn't mean you can act like we're all good friends. To me, you're still nothing but a blood-thirsty vampire." He snapped back.

"What's wrong with being my friend, Zero?" She asked, clueless, making him ball his fists as his blood boiled.

"I don't want to be friends with a vampire like you, not in a million years! You act like you know everything but it's the exact opposite! You don't know what it feels to have your family killed in front of you! You don't know what if feels like to be alone! The pain, the suffering, the betrayal, nothing! You know absolutely nothing so just go!" Zero screamed in anger, squeezing his eyes shut and kept his balled fists in front of him as his body shook.

All was silent. The atmosphere was tense and heavy.

Zero was surprised for bursting out in anger like that. He opened his eyes at a slow and steady pace and glanced over to her to see her expression. At that moment his eyes widened as he regretted opening his eyes to look at her because the expression she had made his heart throb painfully. The happy-go-lucky smile that she had on her face had disappeared and was replaced with a saddened smile.

 The happy-go-lucky smile that she had on her face had disappeared and was replaced with a saddened smile

"I'm sorry." Was the only words she said.

She stepped forwards to grab the bucket filled with water that turned red and placed the cloth into it before turning and walking away from him, leaving him to stare at her back in utter guilt.

No.. he didn't mean it like that. He reached up for her but she kept distancing away from him. He didn't know why he said all of that in anger. He didn't mean to. He really didn't mean to but he was just fuming and before he could stop himself the words spilt like spilt milk. She disappeared from his sight and his hand dropped. 

He hit the couch in anger, "SHIT!"

It's been hours since he last saw her. Guilt and regret of his words overwhelmed him. Where could she possibly even be? It was dark outside already and he was looking everywhere in the house. When he came across Kaien, he suggested that she was probably venturing freely outside as vampires are nocturnal after all.

"Come back before nine, Zero!" Kaien exclaimed after the boy that decided to head out to look for her. Zero nodded.

As he was walking, memories of him shouting at her reoccurred, making his stay willing to apologise directly to her. What he said was improper and irrational in her case since he barely even knew her.

Zero's footsteps came to a stop where he saw her in the distance and just as he was about to call for her, his stopped himself and his body froze. In her arms she held a little boy around the age of three or four and was crying. He gulped and his heart beat rapidly. He looked for a stick nearby and grabbed it.

If anything happened to that child he would hit her with it and escape with the child, yes that was the plan. There was blood splattered on the boy and her hand was covered in blood. He gripped tightly on the stick and hid behind a bench near them. He'll lunge at her any minute.

"Thank you! Thank you so much!" He heard a woman's voice from out of nowhere and he flinched.

He watched carefully as a woman rushed towards them. Emiko placed down the crying boy who ran into the woman's arms and tucked her hair behind her ear.

"Ryousuke! I'm so glad you're alright." The lady patted the boy's back as she hugged him while tears of relief poured down her face. Zero tilted his head, confused.

"Thank you Miss! I can't repay you enough. What do you need? Money? Clothes? I'll give them to you!"

Zero watched as the mismatched-eyed pureblood shook her head and smiled gently as she replied that she didn't need anything. The woman was surprised that she refused to have anything given to her as any other person would probably be glad to have luxuries but nonetheless she understood that the young girl that saved her son had a pure heart.

Emiko waved goodbye to the boy and his mother, sending them off. Zero glanced at the stained spot that was field with blood through his peripheral vision. He understood now that Emiko had saved a little boy from what might possibly be a Level E. Remembering her pained, saddened smiling face he dropped the stick and slowly approached her. Sensing him, Emiko turned to look at the boy that raged at her hours before.

"Were you watching the whole time, Zero?" She questioned, clasping her forearm from her back. 

"A-About before.. I'm sor--"

"I know and you're forgiven." 

 His cheeks reddened and she smiled at him, surprising him as he thought she would have stayed upset with him.

He was wrong about everything. She was right. Not all vampires scary creatures, some of them choose to be different and she proved that to him when she saved the little human boy. He regretted his words he said about her and swore to himself that he'll never utter those words to her again.

"Would you like to be my friend now, Zero?"   

My life could change,

Faster than a blink,

So I'll cherish and take nothing for granted,

not say things that shouldn't be chanted,

- Amy D. Liskey

"Yea."