34.

unedited.

Please play the song! It is Kara no Kyoukai's OST called Garden of Sinners. I somehow found this a loop version of this on Youtube by LM Strife and had to put it on here so there you go!

***

"Nee-san! Nee-san!" She yelled, hearing her voice echo.

It has been a while since Yuki last saw her sister. Because of her foolish actions, she had run away and as time passed she was nowhere to be found. Yuki had made sure to stealthily sneak out of the party banquet before searching the school grounds of where she thought Emiko might possibly be. Yuki wasn't alone during the search as Zero made sure to split up to search the other side of the campus, the academy was a large place.

As she was frantically running around, Yuki prayed that Emiko hadn't gone too far. That she would be back by any second, anything before the sun rose the next day. She prayed her sister would come back safe and sound but luck wasn't on her side. No matter where she checked, Emiko was not found.

Yuki came to a halt, placing her hands on her knees with her body bent over as she tried to catch a few breaths. She used the back of her hand to wipe off the sweat of her forehead and tucked a few strands behind her ear before fixing her sash. Her hands hasn't stopped shaking, she just hoped that the next time she sees Emiko wouldn't be her dead body. Yuki exhaled and shook the thought away, wiping her teary eyes and sniffled.

"I hate this character!" Yuki complained, crossing her arms and turned her head away from the large book her sister was holding after reading only midway of the chapter to her.

Emiko smiled at her eleven-year-old sister that was sitting comfortably close to her on the soft, cushioned couch in front of the fireplace, "And why is that?"

"Because she's weak. She always cries!"

The young Pureblood's eyes softened as she placed a hand on Yuki's head, resulting in her cheeks forming a little blush from the sudden contact. She always liked her sister patting her head, it reminded her of Kaname as it was always something he would do.

"She's not weak at all, Yuki." Emiko defended, her small smile remaining on her lips. As a response, Yuki knitted her brows and tilted her head.

"But she can't do anything for herself, she can't even fight back that evil woman for a mother." Yuki replied, pursing her lips. 

She looked up at her sister directly in the eyes just as emotion passed through her mismatched eyes making her almost gasp, however without getting another look at that mysterious emotion, Emiko broke the eye contact with her and glanced down at the book in silence for a moment. Yuki watched as she lightly touched the pages of the book, lightly skimming the printed words with her fingertips.

Yuki wondered why she wasn't responding but she, too, stayed silent, watching her sister's actions. Slowly, a ray of dim, blue ray light shone through the window and the two sisters found themselves looking at the full moon radiating its light into their dark room. She watched as Emiko gently closed the book and placed it down softly on the glass coffee table, making her way towards the rather large window as she placed a hand on the window pane. Yuki's mouth opened in awe just as her sister's platinum hair looked heavenly under the ray of the moon's blue light.

Emiko turned her head slightly to the side as her lips curled up in a smile once again, "Every night her thoughts weighed heavily on her soul but every morning she would get up to fight another day, every night she survived. So I don't think she's weak at all." And with that, Yuki rendered speechless as her words sunk in deeply.

Her sister looked so sad when she said that.

A perfect round drop fell from a pair of chocolate eyes followed by another and another and another. Yuki quickly reached up and rubbed her eyes as fast as she could but no matter as hard as she rubbed, her tears kept flowing out. She didn't know why she was crying in the first place.

By now Yuki regretted her actions. Negative thoughts begin to cloud her mind, what if her sister was never coming back? What would she do? Why had she hurt her in the first place?! If she hadn't done that, her sister wouldn't be missing right now.

It was okay if Emiko hated her, it was okay if she wanted nothing to do with her but all hoped for, all she wanted was to see her so that she could apologise to her.

"Nee-san.. I'm so sorry, Nee-san. I'm sorry for kissing someone you like, I'm sorry for abiding to my selfish reasons, I'm sorry for being a brat, I'm sorry for acting spoilt, I'm sorry for making you sacrifice your time to raise me, I'm sorry for being naughty, I'm sorry for causing you trouble, I'm sorry for hurting you, I'm sorry for making you cry, I'm so sorry!" Yuki said, crying to herself as she continued to rub her eyes. She slowly sunk down into a crouching position and dipped her head onto her lap and whispered, "Please come back."   

As if something clawed at her throat, Yuki began to sob loudly, not caring whether someone heard her or not. She understood now, this was the pain her sister felt after getting her heartbroken. It was constant, agonising, squeezing, unbearable, torturous, suffocating but most of all it was frightful and it hurt her.

Suddenly, Yuki heard a few faint footsteps. She lifted her head, deciding to see who it was, to see a pair of bare, pale feet standing in front of her. Yuki's body began to shake as she lifted her head up more, pass the wine dress to the face of her very own sister who looked back at her with tears that threatened to fall.

Yuki gritted her teeth to stop her tears from falling but failed to do so. "Y-You.. came.. back." She slowly uttered, not bothering to wipe her wet cheeks.

Emiko said nothing back, only glancing down at the young girl with sad eyes. What surprised her was when her sister lifted the corners of her lips and forced a happy smile, the usual smile she always did, and it broke her heart. Why was she smiling like that? Shouldn't she be yelling at her?

"I'm sor--" Yuki tried to repeat, but she stopped herself mid-sentence.

Before she could continue her thoughts, Emiko leaned down and wrapped her slender arms around Yuki's neck and hugged her closely to her. She rested her chin on Yuki's shoulder as she closed her eyes, a small, single tear ran down her right cheek just as she whispered,

"I heard you loud and clear."