16.

unedited.

pleasevoteandshare.

p.s from the next chapters and on will be in first person point of view. I've wanted to change it for some time now because I feel like my audience connects better with the characters<3

***

"Bothersome." Zero muttered to himself. He reached up to loosen his tie further, disliking the sleek material that had been tightened around his neck.

"Goodness, the opening day is today, is it not?" Emiko smiled, swinging her legs back and forth after she had made herself on the edge of Zero's bed and watched him attempt to tie a tie.

"You know I don't do well with crowds, Emiko, let alone having hundreds of students staring back at me. It irritates me." Sighed Zero, folding his collar down and messing up his silver hair.

Zero turned his gaze to look at her reflection in the mirror. Her platinum was longer than before and was previously wavy however today she chose to straighten it and tuck it behind her ear as she tried to cope with the bangs that fell a little above her eyes. Unlike Zero's black uniform, hers consisted of it being white instead.

Three years had already gone by. It was only a year ago that the Academy, now called Cross Academy, had finished building. In order to achieve Kaien's goals, changes had to be made. 

For one, there will be two factions in the Academy; The Day Class, which consisted of humans, and The Night Class which consisted of vampires of all ranks. Kaien wanted to experiment the coexistence of humans and vampires but he had to take measures and could not afford any humans getting hurt as well as having the vampire students take blood tablets rather than real blood. To the humans, the identity of the Night Class students as vampires will be kept a secret.

The vampires enrolled When Zero first heard about this he was, of course, unhappy with this as it meant that his first Vampire friend would be moved to the Night Class and he refused to accept this. After a period of time, Zero learned to understand but it bothered him even though he didn't like to show it.

.. It meant he wouldn't be able to see Emiko regularly anymore.

"Zero?" Spoke Emiko, softly, after seeing that he was lost in his thoughts. "I'll miss you."

Zero scoffed, "Stupid, this isn't goodbye forever."

Hearing this, Emiko grinned. She jumped off of the bed and held her arm behind her back as she slowly approached him. The moment Zero turned around to wonder what she was doing, she leaped onto him and wrapped her arms around his neck, practically hugging him as she surprised him.

She had to stand on her toes for this whole process and it was weird for her, he used to be the same height as her and now he was a head taller than her.

The two stayed like that for a few moments and Zero felt his body move on his own. Just as he was about to touch Emiko's back, a girl with a familiar face barged into his room, making him immediately dropped his hands. Emiko untangled her arms from his neck and looked to the entrance of Zero's bedroom, her eyes brightened.

"It's time Zero, Emiko." Yuki said, kicking the door wide open. She tucked her short hair behind her ear and grinned widely at them both.

"I must applaud the builders and architects for creating such a beautiful building. They have also chosen a good spot too, light is shining through the clouds." Emiko commented in astonishment.