21.

unedited.

+pleasevoteandshare.

p.s took down the Akatsuki No Yona fanfic and replaced with a Kamisama Kiss fanfic. I just wasn't happy with the way I started Akatsuki No Yona.

p.p.s sorry for the late chapter! I returned to school and didn't have the time to start a new chapter but here it is!

***

"Come with me." Zero urged, pulling the young Pureblood by her wrist as she stumbled after him, wondering where he was.

She didn't tell Zero about Kaname, she felt like she didn't know how to. What would he do if he did? Would he become angry? What would his reaction be? She was afraid of telling him. If Zero found out, would he choose to leave her? She really didn't want to even think about that but she couldn't help it. She was afraid of losing Zero the most.

"Where are we going?" Emiko questioned.

"To meet Lily."

A feeling bubbled inside of Emiko after she heard the name. She didn't know this Lily was but it made it as though she was a competitor. The reason she was feeling this way remained unknown to her. Emiko really shouldn't be so quick to judge, who knows who this Lily is to Zero? Slowly thoughts drew to that question. Who is this Lily really to Zero? What did this Lily mean to Zero? The feeling bubbled further until it started fizzing.

Emiko almost facepalmed. Why would she be feeling this way? To her, Zero was only just a friend, right? But what if Zero.. had someone else? She was sure Zero only saw her as a friend and nothing more, she was very sure of it. But what if Zero left her behind? Emiko felt her heart drop and she looked to the floor as she was dragged. What if he really did? Then what? She would have to let him go, that's what friends do, right? When they find someone else, you'll have to stay behind. But even so, Emiko disliked that. She wanted Zero all to her self even though she knew it was selfish of her but she can't help it.

Ever since that day, Emiko and Zero had been close to the hip. Would she even have the courage to let him go? The answer was simple. Never. Well that was her determination speaking anyway. She knew she had no right to keep him by her side forever, he was a free being and could choose anyone he liked, she didn't want to control his life. After all, she was just a friend, right?

Emiko broke out from her thoughts to find herself standing in front of a stable. She knitted her brows in slight confusion. She thought they were meant to meet this Lily? Why were they here?

Zero let go of her wrist and took her by the hand instead, surprising Emiko. She suddenly felt her heart skip a beat and she didn't know why. A few years before, she would have had no problem holding his hand, but now it was as if her heart was beating quicker than before. Why was that?

Warm rose in her cheeks as Zero led the way. Emiko followed behind him closely, looking around her surroundings. Scattered hay on the floor near the entrance led her to see the hooves of a horse. Emiko's eyes widened to see that before her was a big-looking white horse staring back at her with its black eyes.

"This is Lily." Zero told her, looking back at her from the side. "She's a beast."

As if understanding Zero's words, Lily, the white horse, grunted with displeasure and pushed him with her head. It looked away from him arrogantly, making Zero click his tongue in irritation. Emiko chuckled into her fist for her silly thoughts of thinking Lily was a human, though she sure did had a human-like personality and it matched well with Zero's.

Despite Lily's displeasure, Zero reached up to touch Lily's head and the pulled Emiko's hand over to do the same. Emiko was hesitant but she still did it anyway and it seemed like Lily liked Emiko's touch, which made her smile.

Seeing her smike, Zero was at ease. "Are you happy now?" He asked her.

Emiko glanced at Zero from the corner of her eyes, and realisation hit her. He brought her here to comfort her because he didn't know how to. When it came to crying girls, Zero really didn't know how to deal with it and thought by showing Emiko the white horse, he hoped that would cheer her up. Though Zero had a hard time showing his emotions, he knew how to express it in different ways other than words. That was what Emiko loved about him the most, because he showed he cared without even saying "I care." That was what made Zero unique.

"I am. Thank you." Emiko replied, smiling brightly.

She then dropped her hand from Lily and faced Zero. She knew he deserved an explanation after he went all out just to comfort her so she looked at him in the eye and spoke word from word from the start of the situation to the end. She could see Zero's expression remained unchanging, but his eyes held the fire of anger within them. He was angry. Furious at Kaname but Emiko held his hand to help relax him which worked.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you before, I was planning to hold it in. I was scared of your reaction, scared if you'll turn your back on me and walk away." She said, ashamed at herself as she looked at her feet.

Zero didn't say a word, but squeezed her hand. "I don't do that. If anything, I would face your words head on so I wouldn't turn and walk away from you. Don't bottle these things up, Emiko. If something like this happens to you, tell me so I could deal with it for you."

"I understand, and I'm sorry again, Zero."

"And stop apologising, it's not your fault."

"I'm sorr-- Oops, sor-- ugh sorry."

Zero flicked her forehead, making her stumble back and touch her forehead. She then started pouting.

"Zero!" She exclaimed, pursing her lips, as the pain on her forehead slowly started to disappear. He must have left a mark on there.

"A punishment for not telling me and a punishment for apologising, Stupid." He remarked, an evil expression on his face.