28.

unedited.

Hey guys! Sorry for the late chapter! I originally planned to post earlier in the day however had a few writers block and kept restarting my chapter. Sorry!

disclaimer: I do not own the video above, all rights go to Phan Tomas on Youtube!

***

"How is Yuki?" Alice asked, her face stoic and expressionless. Her eyes looked almost dead, not a hint of the usual sparkle she had in them. Her lips no longer curved upwards, her smile was gone from her face.

Kaname glanced from the sleeping human girl that resided in her bed in her pink-coloured room, which looked completely lively compared to the rooms at the Moon Dorms, to the female Pureblood that appeared in the doorway of Yuki's room.

Stepping away from Yuki, Kaname approached Alice, however the moment he made it close enough to her, Alice fell forward right into his chest. She used his arm to steady her body as she brought up her shaky hands to look at them with her unemotional face. 

"What did you do?" Kaname asked. Though his expressionless face could match hers, his tone was much softer when speaking to her to show his concern.

"Kaname," She called as she slowly dropped her shaky hands, a tear slipping down her eye.

He sighed, "I understand."

From there, he stood her up properly, making sure she leaned on him for support as he lead her out of Yuki's room, closing the door behind him. Walking through the corridors were a problem where they came shocked expressions of the Day Class students, but Kaname had no choice. Teleporting in a two or in a group was not optional for him at this time, especially when Alice's connection seemed dead. They must have all still been awake so late at night.

Not minding the squeals of the human girls they passed, Kaname pushed Alice further into his protective embrace. 

Alice closed her eyes as she blocked out all sound. The only think of was the heavy pain she felt that didn't belong to her. She hadn't realised that Zero didn't recover from his past at all, and it was like he was still fighting with it. Even though it was a painful reminder, she was fool to have thought Zero wouldn't be able to bottle up all of this pain all of by himself, she was wrong to have thought that. 

Zero was silly, too. Even though he was the one telling her not to bottle her feelings up, he was doing just that. She would have chuckled at his silliness if she could. He was always there to comfort her whenever she needed him, but the whole time she had been moping about her feelings, he was covering his pain just to attend to hers.

She felt absolutely selfish and blind. Behind those small smiles of his was a broken person she could not see. He was a broken person just like her.

If she had not done what she did today, she would have remained a person with naked eyes.

"Emiko."

Emiko's head shot up to the sound of her name, making her halt in her tracks. Among the gasps and whispering, she could hear soft panting. Emiko's body shook as her heart almost leaped out of her chest. She didn't want to see him right now, she couldn't. She felt afraid that if she were to turn to look at him she would break into a million pieces right in front of him.

She made a trouble look and silently pleaded to herself that he would go away.

Out of fear, she pushed out of Kaname's arms and burst out into a run.

She ran,

and she ran,

and she ran.

That was until she found herself in the garden area where she was caught and pulled back. Her head immediately turned as the tears from her eyes swished out.

His whole appearance was dishevelled, but that one reason was because he had been chasing her the whole time. His messy hair, very loose tie as well as his shirt half-buttoned up shirt was enough to show her he cared about her more than his appearance.

She swore she had placed him back in his bed after he had passed out, she didn't think he would have woken up so early. 

"I know what you did to me." The silver-haired boy demanded, tightening the grip on her arm. "Give it back."

Emiko shook her head silently.

"Give back my pain!"

"I can't!" She yelled back, clutched her chest as the pounding pain became almost unbearable. She shook her head furiously, her pale face becoming flushed from the amount of tears she poured.

She didn't want Zero to suffer anymore. All of the things he had kept hidden inside of him, she felt every single one them; it was like having a thousand needles pierced into your heart.

"You know Zero, I've always hated you."

Gasping loudly, Emiko dropped to the floor on her knees as the pain continued. Pain, pain and more pain added on. Her tears dripped onto the floor, making small wet patches.

"Why?" She cried, hitting her chest with her fists. "Why did you hide all of this pain? Why couldn't you have spilt it all out? Why couldn't you tell me? Why did you attend to my needs when you needed to attend to yours first? Why couldn't I comfort you first? Why was I so blind? Why couldn't see a broken person? Why? Why? Why? Why?!"

"You're a fool to have ever thought of me as your brother."

"I've always degraded the life that was given to me after my parent's death. I've always thought that was it for me, that I was done and I was ready to cut off all connection with the world." 

Zero suddenly admitted, touched his chest as he looked at her directly. His eyes squeezed shut for a moment from the zap of pain he had just felt. Quickly opening his eyes, he knew what to do.

He continued, "I had no one at the time. No family, nothing. I was alone and afraid of this world. I met Kaien who brought me back to his home. I met one of his daughters whom I found to be a Pureblood, something I despised most."

He felt another zap of pain once more.

Slowly letting go of his hard grip on Emiko's arm, he dropped it until he found her hand and entwined his fingers together with hers.

"I had said hurtful things to her, called her a monster. But I found that she was completely different to what I have thought. My perspective completely changed when I saw her save a human little boy for the very first time and I regretted my own words as I had no idea she'd be the one to save me from my darkness."

Another zap.

"I'm strong now Emiko, I've grown strong because of you and I'm doing the best I can to fight through this. So please," He whispered, "Return my pain."

Emiko stared back, feeling speechless as the last tear dripped down from her face and at that moment, Zero suddenly felt a surge of pain entering within him. 

He was surprised at the impact and fell back, taking Emiko with him as they both fell to the ground. He grunted in pain and squeezed shut his eyes to control the searing pain within him. His eyes were dead for a moment, before they brightened up when he realised what had happened.

He made eye contact with Emiko who sat, dipping her head down in shame. He pushed himself up so he was sitting on the floor with her between his legs and sighed. He looked away for a moment, and looked back to see her crying again. Clicking his tongue, a small spot of his cheeks were a scarlet red as he ran his fingers through his hair before pulling her head into his chest.

The two sat silently, one crying and the other watching as a shooting star passed through the dark night.