22.

unedited.

+pleasevoteandshare.

p.s my Kamisama Kiss FF is out! Please check it out!

***

"Lady Kuran, where'd you go?"

"I went out for some fresh air, Aido."

"What had you been doing?"

"I was--"

"Why is there a familiar scent all over you?"

Emiko couldn't help but sigh deeply. She could barely get a word in. It had been a while since she had returned back to her dorms after a little reunion with Zero and when she returned she was bombarded with endless questions from a certain blonde Aristocrat. He was up so early because apparently he had ran out of blood tablets and was in need of new ones so he had been searching around and asked about though the last person he needed to ask was a Pureblood that was no where to be found and he became concerned.

She looked away, placing a hand on her arm as she became nervous. She didn't want to tell Aido that she had been out with the person he permitted her to see.

"I.. " She trailed off, trying to think of an excuse.

Though before she can, in walked another blonde haired Aristocrat who this time had forest green eyes that she could easily get lost in.

"Ah! Hanabusa, Lady Kuran, these are your invitations." Takuma said, picking two certain envelopes from a stacked pile he had in his hands. Emiko tilted her head in confusion. Invitations for what?

As if hearing her thoughts, Aido answered her questions unconsciously, "Oh, I see. They are for you birthday, am I right?"

Takuma chuckled, "Very much so. It is being held soon, I hope you both can come. Both Day Class and Night Class students are invited." He stepped back and held a hand to his heart and bowed to the female Pureblood before nodding to Hanabusa. "I would love to stay to discuss my plans, but I must take my leave. I will need to distribute this invitations, you see." And with that, Takuma took his leave.

Hanabusa turned to Emiko and continued his bombarding questions. "As I was saying before, why is there a familiar scent on--"

Once again, poor Aido was interrupted but this time by someone of a higher standard than he was. Kaname Kuran. Once she met eyes with the man that almost bit her a while ago, her eyes fell to the floor as she ignored Aido who bowed to the male Pureblood who was now dressed in a casual attire; a dark grey shirt that he left two top buttons unbuttoned and black pants.

He managed to dismiss the young blonde Aristocrat who scurried away in a hurry, doing anything for his Lord, which in a way saved Emiko from his curious questions. 

She made sure to keep her eyes to the floor as she heard Kaname stepping closer to her. When she saw him lift her hand up to her head, she flinched away which made him stop midway. He then slowly dropped his hand to his side. Emiko's mismatched eyes met his dark red onces however they weren't looking at her and rather to the side. He had a sad emotion whirling up in his eyes but it was gone the moment it came. Emiko was struck with guilt.

"I would like to apologise to you properly for my actions. It is unknown of what suddenly came over me. Forgive me, Alice." Kaname spoke, his velvety voice was soft and nothing like the hard, stern tone he had before when he spoke to those lower than him.

Emiko bit her lip and nodded her head, accepting his apology as she mentally pleaded for him not to do it again. She was scared, frightened and she didn't want to feel that way ever again.

"Come this way, won't you? I have something for you." Instead of taking Emiko by the wrist like he usually did, he beckoned for her to follow him instead. It assured her that he acknowledged the fact that she had been frightened of him and he didn't want to risk any to scare her like that again so he became cautious to touch her.

Reluctantly, Emiko followed behind Kaname in small steps. She watched his back quietly as they made it upstairs and into the older male's room. Emiko looked around in awe. She had never been in another man's room other than Zero's before, and quiet surprisingly it was clean, neat and tidy.

Kaname had many, many books and all were neatly stacked in a shelf. Emiko could see his favourite colour was black, as many things in his room were that same colour. However despite his room lacking colour, one thing stood out the most. It was a big pink box that sat on his bed and the colour was so bright it almost heard to see.

"That's for you." Kaname said, resting himself on a chair and encouraged her to approach the pink box.

Emiko looked at Kaname and then to the box and then back to Kaname again. She swallowed deeply before slowly approaching it. Her fingers lightly touched the box before it curled under the lid before gently putting it open. Her eyes glimmered and she placed the lid beside the box as she touched the silky material.

"A dress? For me?" She questioned, turning to face him with the material between her fingers.

"Yes."

"But why?"

A small smile played his lips. "Do you dislike it?"

Emiko shook her head furiously and her face became red in embarrassment. It wasn't like she didn't like it, but more of because the dress looked expensive. She wondered where he had purchased it and how he knew her size. She looked back at the beautiful dress. It was a silky dark red coloured material with thin straps which the lead to it being crossed at the back.

"No, of course not." She smiled, her mismatched eyes softening. "Thank you, Kaname."

There was no doubt that she in fact loved the stunning dress and had no idea Kaname would go out of his way to gift this to her. As a child, Emiko would often be showered with Kaname's gifts and most of them were dresses so knowing he brought another dress for her gave her a nostalgic feeling. It was just like the old times.

... Old times.

Old times.. huh?

"Please! Please don't come near me! Please, please, please!" Juuri begged, tears overflowing her face as her sobs were uncontrollable.

"Mama, my favourite shirt ripped. Can you please sew it--" Alice started before getting cut off.

"I'm not your mother! I'm not your mother!"

"Mama, what's wrong?"

Pain shot through Emiko's head, making her drop the dress on the bed as she quickly held her head in any attempt to ease the pain as the memory kept replaying. Seeing Emiko clutch her head as she desperately cried out, Kaname became concerned and headed into action. He quickly approached her and gently held her arms, calling out to her numerous of times, but nonetheless Emiko did not respond or rather she could not respond.

"Papa! Look at what I drew!" She said, running over to Haruka with a large piece of paper in her hand as she tugged onto his sleeve.

"Please don't touch me."

Emiko blocked out her ears. She didn't want to listen anymore, she didn't want to remember anymore and she needed someone to make it stop.

"You're not my daughter."

Then suddenly, Emiko heard a last sentence before her vision went a blur and felt her body falling backwards.

"This isn't where you belong."  

Everything went black.