Chapter Twenty Two

A/N hello lovelies, i can't believe the reads so far, you guys are so amazing and i love you all, and please feel free to pop up to me whenever or something, i love talking to anyone hehe!:))) <3  

*caitlyn's p.o.v.*

i woke up in an unfamiliar bed. The pale blue walls were framed with driftwood picture rails and there was a large mounted picture of the ocean placed at the opposite side of the bed. I stretched out, taking in the rest of the room. I was sat in a small double sized bed, with coffee coloured sheets. The door was to the far left of the room, and to the far right was a large coffee coloured armchair, filled with cushions. Along the right wall was a large curved window, with window seat, also filled with cushions, which held a beautiful view of the sea. Beside it, closer to the bed was a wall to floor bookcase, filled with hundreds of books, piled up around it on the floor aswell. The room was so quaint, and it felt homey. 

I stood up, walking over to the window seat, and sat down, pulling a blanket that was folded up on the seat over my body. The sun was rising in the sky, the clock on the bedside table read 9:03am. I stood up again, reaching over for a book from the shelf, and sat back down under the blanket. 'Jellicoe Road' the title read, and i began endorsing myself in the pages. 

A little while later, a knock of the door pulled me out of the story and i looked up as Michael walked in, bearing a tray. 

"oh, you're awake" he smiled at me, noticing the book in my hands, "you can read anything you want from there, i've read all of them so" he placed the tray on the bedside table and passed me a mug. "tea, three sugars, extra milky, just how you like it" he smiled at the ground, obviously pleased with himself that he had remembered how i had my tea.

"perfect" i smiled back at him. 

"I've got to go to school in like ten minutes, my first two lessons were frees so, i'm gonna have to leave you for a few hours, sorry" he apologised, fiddling with his hands. 

"its okay, thankyou for everything" i gestured to the room. 

"i uhh, if you want i can walk you back to Luke's right now, if you want, uhm" he looked down sadly

"Michael, can i ask you something?"

"sure?" he looked at me with a worried expression

"i don't mean to invade your home, but would it be okay if i stayed here for the rest of the week at least?"

"no, its fine, honestly, you can stay as long as you like!" he chuckled, his toothy grin returning to his face. He looked so adorable. 

"i probably will walk with you to get my stuff then, and then just walk back here, okay?" 

fifteen minutes later, we arrived at Luke's house. After saying goodbye with a hug, Michael left for school and i walked up the drive to the house. The door was open and Ben was in the kitchen but Luke was nowhere to be seen. I ran up the stairs, picking up my suitcase and pulled all my clothes into it. I grabbed my toiletries and placed them in too before zipping it up and walking out of the house. It was still quite warm, and i was wearing the clothes from the night before. 

I reached Michael's house, went upstairs and took a shower, washing my hair and thinking through what had happened. I missed Luke, but last night, that wasn't the Luke i knew. He was different, he had scared me. And i still wanted to know why he was hanging round with those guys. 

I jumped out the shower, dried and straightened my hair before pulling on a cream vest and black leggings. I applied basic makeup, foundation, blush, mascara and eyeliner, and walked out of the spare room to find my way around the house. I knew where the bathroom was, i had just taken a shower, and Michael's mum's room was the furthest down the hall, which left Michael's room at the front, next to mine. I walked in and took in the band posters on the wall, the guitars on the racks and the clothes thrown everywhere. He had a desk, where his laptop was placed, and his chair was full of clothes. On the top was a loose sweatshirt, it was kind of creamy coloured, and i picked it up. It still smelt of him, so i pulled it over my head, and wrapped the sleeves around my hands because it was too big.