Chapter Twenty Three

*Ashton's p.o.v.*

To say i was disappointed, would be a lie. I knew she wasn't coming, i had been told it was just Caitlyn and Luke, but i had wanted her to come. The night after they told me i had dreamt she had come along as a surprise and after that i couldn't stop wishing it would happen. She hadn't left my mind and i was so distracted by her, all those little quirks of hers still in my head. 

I thought back to the night she spent with me, the one where Luke had run into trouble. After everyone left we had started playing video games, messing around with each other and ended up talking for hours and hours. We were led on my bed when Caitlyn came running home, and after she had gone to bed, i had walked back into my room to see her curled up under my duvet, snuggled in my jumper. I had climbed in beside her, wrapping my arms around her, moving some hair from her eyes, taking her in. She really was perfect. Not in every way, nobody was perfect, but it was everything about her, i was hooked, and i just really missed her.

Only now would i admit it to myself. I was deeply in love with her. I was in love with Shannon. 

~~~~~~

*Caitlyn's p.o.v.*

It was thursday afternoon and i was throwing my clothes everywhere, frantically trying to find something to wear tonight. I know it was only the boys, but i wanted to at least make an effort. 

"MICHAEELLLLL!" i screamed, sitting down on the floor amongst the entire contents of my suitcase which had been flung across the floor. 

"whats wrong?" he exclaimed, bursting into the room. He took in the scene before him and looked at me quizzically. "what the..."

"I can't pick anything" i whined, flailing my arms trying to motion towards the mess.

"no, really" he winked at me, before reaching down and picking me up, placing me on the bed. 

"right, okay, uhm, i want to wear a skirt" i told him after he stood there looking between me and the piles of clothes. 

"oh kayy" he mumbled, picking up two skirts in one hand. "andd..." he looked up to me telling me to continue

"hmm, maybe a bralet?" i asked looking at him

"a what?" he looked at me completely confused.

"like these" i said, hopping of the bed and picking up my three bralets, one black, one blue with white flowers and a burgandy one with a criss cross back. 

"that one" he said pointing at the blue one.

"okay, which skirt?" i said as he placed a skirt in each hand and looked between them. There was a short white one with elastic waist and another which was floral and had a belt attached to it. 

"this oneeee" he said holding out the white one towards me.

"done!" i smiled, taking it from his hands and putting both on the bed before picking up the masses of material left on the floor and throwing it into my suitcase. 

Michael left the room to go help his mum, so i took a shower before drying out my hair, putting it into a side fishtail, with a little white bow on the end. I was feeling in a cute mood.

I pulled on the skirt and zipped the bralet up before applying makeup and placing my pale pink lipstick and eyeliner into my white clutch and grabbing my phone. (Outfit in external link!) I had ten minutes. I ran downstairs, noticing Mikey had changed into black skinny jeans and a tee with his green plaid shirt over the top. 

"wow, someones all dressed up" he nodded at me approvingly and i gave him a little twirl before we linked and walked to the door. I pulled on my strapy wedges and then we walked out the door. Mali, Calum's sister, was waiting in the car out front with Calum, who's face was filled with a huge smile when he saw me. He climbed out of the car, running over to me and hugging me tight. It felt so nice to know he was here and safe, after the shock we had gotten weeks before.