Chapter One

I sat on the bed holding my aching stomach in pain trying to keep down the rest of the contents of my stomach. I was in so much pain I could barely sit up straight. It seemed like every move I made, made my stomach turn causing me to run straight to the toilet.

"Here take this," Lucas said handing me two Alieve pills and a glass of water. I quickly took the medicine hoping it would allow me to keep things down and allow me to get out of this bed. When I finished the glass of water he helped me lay back on the bed so my back was resting on the comfy sheets. "You won't be able to go into the shop today," he said rubbing circles into my stomach.

"The shop just opened up. I need to be there to manage things."

"Blair can handle things for a day so you can rest." I scrunched up my eyes at the thought of leaving my shop to be managed by someone else. I trusted Blair but I wasn't at the stage of letting someone else take control of my baby just yet. I wanted to be there every day so I knew what was going on and take care of anything that went wrong.

"It's just morning sickness. It will pass in an hour."

"Morning sickness isn't supposed to be like this. I think something is wrong." I could tell he was worried about me and wasn't about to let this go. However, sometimes Lucas could be a worry wart.

"Nothing is wrong Lucas. I just have bad morning sickness the doctor said it could happen."

"Well I think something is wrong and I have already made you a doctor's appointment for eleven." I sat up a little at that. I did not want to go to the doctor's, I wanted to go to my shop. Nothing was wrong with me and I knew that. "I am not going to the doctor's Lucas. I keep telling you I am fine. All it is, is I have bad morning sickness." I was doing my best to look tough but it failed when his begin to pierce into mine. He had went into business mode and I knew I was going to lose. I sighed and laid back on the bed, "Fine. I will go to the doctor's."

When I was able to get out of bed I quickly got dressed so I wouldn't be late for my appointment that my husband insisted I have. The whole ride over I was silent because I wanted to go to my shop. Now I was sitting in a doctor's office pouting my ass off. "You know I don't need to be here. I feel perfectly fine right now."

"I don't care what you think or how you feel, my job is to make sure you and my baby are okay." I know he was right but I didn't like hospitals. I felt fine so I didn't see why I had to be subjected to something I didn't need or want. Everything about this room made me feel uncomfortable, from the plain painting on the walls to the overly sterol equipment. I mean what if something was wrong, then what. How was I supposed to handle that kind of bad news? I guess sensing my anxiousness Lucas grabbed my hand making me look at him. "Just relax, I'm right here."

"What if something is wrong, then what will we do?"

"We will handle it just like we do everything else." He smiled putting my body at ease. "Now tell me when do you plan on telling your family about the baby?" I sighed again. He had been pestering me about telling my parents about being pregnant but I just didn't want to. I already had to deal with my mother when I told her I got married, so I could only imagine the hell she would raise when she found out I was pregnant. Maybe I could just show up with the baby one day and say congratulations you are grandparents.

"I will tell them soon, but right now I don't feel like being bothered especially by my mother." His smiled disappeared and now he was glaring. He didn't like keeping secrets.

The doctor soon walked in smiling which was the opposite of my mood. "What seems to be the problem, your appointment isn't until next month?"

Lucas cleared his throat, "I think something is wrong. My wife is throwing up worse and worse."