Chapter Two

This morning I got up early and got dressed so I could go into the shop. Lucas was finally letting me out and honestly I was going whether he wanted me to or not. I hated being trapped in the house. There was only so much laying around and sleep you can do. I threw on some dark blue jean short shorts with a white crew neck t-shirt that I tucked into my shorts and added a blue jean button down shirt that I left open. I put my hair in a bun so it wouldn't get in the way and I could work with no problem.

I went into the kitchen and saw Lucas sitting at the table drinking his coffee. I walked in and took the mug taking a sip of it. He looked up glaring at me. "I'm allowed some coffee." I sat the mug down and took a piece of his fruit before grabbing my keys. "What time will you be home?" he put down his phone and stood up.

"I should be home by eight after I wrap up a conference call with a client in Beijing."

"Okay well I will stop by Jimmy's and get us some of those big bacon burgers for dinner."

"Alright I will see you when you get home." He kissed me then rushed out taking a phone call. Usually he was more relaxed in the morning but since he was thinking of taking on a new business partner for his expansion in Hong Kong, he was having to go over everything that came his way. I remember what it was like when he was looking into someone else from when I used to work for him so I knew the stress he was under.

I got to the shop and sighed in content. I had only been open for three months but business was doing good. At first I thought I was making a huge mistake but soon people started coming in. I hired Blair and she turned out to be a good friend. She had a two kids and really need a job so I gave her one. Turns out she was really good at baking so everything worked out.

I looked at the orders that needed to be done and decided to start on the cupcake order for a five year old birthday party. I got started with the strawberry batter so that by the time I opened up they would be cooling. I loved baking. For the first time in my life I was doing something I wasn't dreading every day. I woke up every morning excited to go to work and it was the best feeling.

After hour I had baked fifty cupcakes and had them cooling before I iced them. "Looks like you been busy," Blair said coming in looking at the cupcakes I had made. I wiped the sweat off my forehead and got the bowl to start the icing for them.

"Yea thought I should make up for not being here yesterday."

"You didn't have to come in you know, I can handle things when you not here."

"I know but I like to come in and work. This is my baby so I want to be here."

"Well yesterday got hectic but I handled it. Those coupons you sent out and the advertisement seemed to have really made a difference. We got ten orders to fill by next week." I smiled at all of the orders we had. I loved that what I wanted to do was taking off.

"Yea I just go finished with the order due tomorrow." I took the icing and got it ready to ice the cupcakes that had cooled. I had decided on a blue icing so that it would look like they were for a boy's party.

"So is everything okay with you today? I know you said you weren't feeling well yesterday."

I bit my lip to keep my secret and nodded. "I'm fine, I just ate something bad and it had my stomach all over the place, but it's good now."

"In that case I can go back to the back where I belong because you know I am not a people person." She picked up her apron and headed to the back to start working on the daily pastries we sell.

By the time five had come I was beyond exhausted. Blair had long went home to pick up her kids so it was just me closing up the shop. I didn't mind being alone or doing it by myself, it just meant I got some much needed personal time. Between Lucas constant babying me and my family, I needed some alone time so I wouldn't go out of my mind. Just as I was about to go to the back to make sure everything was off when I heard a knocking on the door. I went to the door see Raquel. "What are you doing here?" I asked as I opened the door to let her in. I looked at her face and could tell she had been crying and that got me worried. Raquel never liked to let people see her cry so I knew something had to be wrong. She didn't say anything but just looked down at her hands. "Look come in and have seat and tell me what's going on." She came in and sat down at one of the tables. We sat in silence for a minute until she started crying again. "Raquel what is going on?"