Chapter Twenty-Four

I laid on my back looking up at the tent staring off into space. I had become fascinated with the tent, not because it was nice to look at but because today was my last day here and I wanted to remember everything. I never thought I would enjoy camping so much but I did. I was going to miss this place. When I went back to my life, everything was going to change. I was going to have to face everything and everyone that made me want to explode.

However, I did miss home. I missed taking a shower, I needed a long shower. I looked over at Lucas, who was snoring rather loudly. I smiled loving being able to spend this time with him. This was exactly what I imagined when we got married and I never wanted it to end.

The more I looked at him the happier I got. Soon as I was about to turn back to go back to sleep, I felt an ache in my stomach. I tried to sit up but that only hurt worse. I wanted to scream but I didn't want to wake up. I breathed in and out trying to calm down but the urge to puke struck making me jump up and run out of the tent.

I quickly rushed out spilling out my guts onto the ground. It was as if my body was trying to get rid of everything inside me. It hurt as my inside twisted to make me puke all over. When I was done I breathed in and out hard. I was weak. I felt someone standing over me and saw Lucas looking at me intently.

"Are you okay?"

I nodded still breathing hard. He bent down beside me looking at me still. "You don't look okay."

I was about to say something when I got the urge to puke all over again. I didn't feel good at all. I felt hot as the sun. He took his hand placed it on my forehead. "You're burning up."

"I feel like it."

"I'm taking you to the hospital."

"I just need to take some medicine and then I will be fine."

He stood up shaking his head. "No. I am taking you to the hospital before you get any worse." He stalked off leaving me on the ground still trying to breathe right. Everything hurt inside. I wanted to just lay down but it hurt too.

Within minutes he had everything packed up. "We can't take everything, just the necessities."

"But you just bought the tent. I can carry some things."

"Hell no! There's no way in hell I am letting that happen. You're beyond sick and the last thing you need to do is be doing is carrying bags down a trail."

"I'm fine Lucas."

"Can you walk?"

"Yes, I just feel tired." He nodded gathering up some things. He helped me up and then we headed down the trail. Every step I took hurt my stomach and we had to stop so that I could puke some more. I felt like there was a knot in my stomach. Slowly I was beginning to lose control of my body and legs.

It took us thirty minutes to get back to the car because of my delays. He put our stuff in the back and then told me to lay in the back seat since I could barely sit up without screaming in pain. He got in and rushed to the hospital not caring about anything. Even with his fast driving it took us an hour to get to the nearest hospital. By now I couldn't even move. I didn't know what was going on but this was bad, beyond bad.

He carried me into the hospital where they made us fill out some forms first. I could tell he didn't want to wait but we weren't home where he could pull some strings. "How you doing baby girl," he asked seriously. I knew this was hurting him to see me like this.

"Not good, but I can last a little longer I think."

"Just hang in there for me." He rubbed my cheek. I nodded laying my head on his shoulder.