Chapter Twenty-Eight

Today felt like a good day for some reason. Everything just seemed to be falling into place. I woke up extra early and managed to clean up the house and even make breakfast. I knew Lucas would be nervous to meet with my dad so I thought making him breakfast would help ease his mind.

Since I didn't have to be in the shop until ten I was just chilling around the house. I really enjoyed late days because then I didn't have to jump out of bed trying to get dressed in a hurry. And knowing me I can never get dressed on time. It usually took me thirty minutes to find something to wear and that's after I have picked out my outfit the night before. I can never make up my mind sometimes.

I poured both of us a glass of orange juice and headed upstairs to see how far Lucas had gotten. His meeting was at nine so he had to be out in the next thirty minutes. When I made upstairs I found him in the bathroom tying his blue tie while sighing.

"That's the third tie you have tried on," I said leaning in the doorway.

He sighed once again leaning on the sink. "This meeting means everything. If it doesn't go well then I could lose everything I worked so hard to get."

I walked into the bathroom sitting the orange juice down on the sink. I pulled him up turning him around to face me where my back was to the sink now. "Stop worrying my dad wouldn't have taken the meeting if he wasn't interested in what you have to say."

"He only agreed because of you, maybe you should come and be there just in case."

I untied his current tie and took it off and then replaced it with the black tie he had on first. "My dad likes to keep things simple plus this one looks good with your suit. Secondly, I will not be going with you because I have to work and besides you got this."

"I'm not so sure about that."

I finished up tying his tie and then brought his face to mine, "I told my dad that I believed in you and now it's time you believed in yourself. You've come so far don't panic now my love."

"What would I do without you?"

"Honestly I don't know," I said smiling. He bent down kissing me hard while grabbing me by the hips pulling me to him. Before I got caught up in the kiss and feeling how excited he was getting I pushed back letting in some much needed air.

"You should get to work."

"I can be a little late," he said kissing my neck in my favorite spot.

I laughed hesitantly pushing him away. "Not when it's my dad waiting. If you impress him and bring home some good news then you can do whatever you want, how ever you want with me all night."

"All night?"

I nodded smiling. "All night."

"Okay you got a deal." He kissed me then walked out of the bathroom to go to finish getting ready. Outside I was confident about what my dad would say but inside I knew how tough my dad could be. If even a single thing was out of place or didn't add up, he would point it out or even walk away period. My dad was a tough man to please. But if Lucas could manage to get him to take a chance on him, my dad would be loyal. We just needed my dad to give Lucas a chance.

Throughout the day I have been constantly worried about Lucas and the meeting with my dad. Lucas hadn't called me to tell me anything so I didn't know what was happening. And because of my worrying I had fell behind on my duties. So now I was stuck late trying to get Blair's cousin's wedding cake together. I had gotten the cakes cooked and cooled so now I could start decorating it to her liking. The sooner I got this done the quicker I could go home.