Chapter Four

So Lucas has been gone for two days and I have really been missing him. This was the first time we had been away from each since we got married and I didn't like it. I missed him in the bed and next to me. But I was glad because he said he would be home tomorrow and I would finally have him back.

Right now I was getting dressed so that I could meet Raquel and my mom at mom's place. I didn't feel like getting too dressed up so I just put on a black silk maxi dress that flowed at my feet. I was hoping that this would be where Raquel tells my mom about Jordan missing in action and I didn't know if I wanted to be there for it. Sometimes my mom could be too much and I didn't need to deal with her right now.

When I finally did get to my mom's I found Raquel and her sitting in the living room. They both looked up at me like they were waiting for me. "I'm glad you came. After that blow up you put on I didn't think you would come." I sighed. She was starting already.

"Well you sounded urgent, so here I am." I sat down in the chair in front of them watching how my mom looked at me like she expected me to say something else. "What's this all about?"

"Well since we didn't get a chance to see you get married I thought we could plan a wedding for you," she smiled like her idea was the best yet. I sat there looking at her not believing that this woman was really this crazy. I had made it clear I didn't want a wedding and I sure as hell didn't want her there. She had done nothing but complain about my new husband and now she wanted to plan my wedding to him. I didn't understand her at all. I didn't get how my dad loved her so much when she did nothing but act like a bitch.

It then hit me that this was not about Jordan and I turned to Raquel who stayed quiet the whole time. She avoided my eyes but I didn't let up. I then turned back to my mom, "I don't want to plan a wedding mom."

"Why not? I deserve to be a part of my first born's wedding." I shook her off and turned back to Raquel of this craziness. She finally looked at me, "Can I speak with you in the kitchen?" she nodded getting up instantly and I followed leaving my mother in her own world. I couldn't keep dealing with her right now.

When we got to the kitchen Raquel kept her eyes to herself like she knew I was going to be pissed. I had left my house so that my mother could plan a wedding I didn't want. "What the hell is going on? I thought this whole thing was about Jordan missing in action?"

"I tried to tell them but I couldn't."

"Well you have to because I am not about to plan my wedding or any wedding with my crazy ass mother." I could just imagine even trying to plan a wedding with my mother; I would end up pushing her off a cliff just to get some peace and quiet. My mother had a way to nag you until you were literally running to get away from her. I don't know why we couldn't get along but we couldn't and I was done trying at this point.

"I didn't know what your mother was planning when she invited me over here."

"What did you think she wanted? My mother barely likes you, so why on earth would just invite you over if not for a person?" I paced the kitchen trying to calm myself down. Everything was spinning out of control and I needed it to slow down so I could keep up.

"Your mother doesn't like me," she asked looking sad. I sighed in frustration. I didn't mean to burst her bubble but it was obvious. Whenever she was around my mom would roll her eyes and make smart comments about her in her face.

"It can't be that much of a shock to you Raquel."

"I know she says things but I thought she at least liked me since I started being with Jordan."

"You being with Jordan is the reason she can't stand you and now that you two are married she is going to hate your guts." I crossed my arms leaning up against the counter watching her face drop with sadness. "Don't worry about my mom liking you, my dad likes you and that's all that matters." She nodded calming down. "But seriously you have to tell my parents about Jordan missing action soon."