Chapter Thirty

Today was my day off and I was so happy. I even got up early and made Lucas and I a big breakfast. I was feeling generous so I made bacon, sausage, grits, eggs, biscuits and gravy, and potato hash. He was surprised at what I did, but he was more than happy to eat as much as he could before he had to go to work.

Honestly I was happy to do anything but work. Even though, it was just Wednesday I had been working nonstop since Monday and had tired myself out. I needed a break so that I could put myself back together.

So now I was in the kitchen cleaning up all of the dishes I messed up so I could go sit down and catch up on some of my shows.

"Aren't you supposed to be working," I heard someone say from behind me. I turned around and saw Raquel standing there smiling at me.

"Aren't you supposed to be playing nurse to my brother?"

"Lets just say this is my day off," she said hopping on my kitchen counter.

"Mine too. Now how the hell you get into my house?"

She laughed. "I took Jordan's key."

"Well damn just pass my key around. Why you here anyway," I asked jumping on the counter opposite of her.

She looked down like she was in thought then back up narrowing her eyes at me. "I came to talk about Jordan's birthday. I was thinking about throwing him a surprise party."

I immediately laughed at this idea. Jordan was not a fan of surprises at all. I shook my head, "That's a bad idea."

"Why?"

"Because Jordan hates surprise parties, he has ever since he was eight and my mom threw him one. He stood there frozen for five minutes then ran out the room and never came out again that night."

Raquel sighed. "Then what am I supposed to do?"

"Well family is everything to him so just do something with the family. It's been a while since we have all been together as a family, that's all he needs right now."

"So what will the theme be and can we have it here, our place isn't big enough."

"Yes, you can have it here, but the rest is up to you."

"Fine I will think of something but you have to bake the cake."

"Deal." We both jumped down from the counter tops. We went over a few other things like what date we would have it and what kind of cake I should bake for Jordan.

Once I was done cleaning up the kitchen I got dressed and went to my parent's house. I was supposed to be meeting my mom for something, I just didn't know what.

"Mom!" I called out throughout the house.

"Up here!" I followed her voice to my old room where she was surrounded by magazines. She was buried in stuff.

"What's all of this?"

"Everything you will need for your wedding."

"You called me over here for this?"

"You gotta start on this now or you won't be having a wedding."

I really hadn't been focusing on the wedding very much. The only reason I gave my mom the job was so that I wouldn't have to deal with this kind of thing. I just wanted my wedding to happen already.

"The wedding is in March, we just have plenty of time."

"And if you don't start making some decisions now then we won't be able to have the wedding you want because everything will be booked."