Chapter Thirteen

I got out of the shower drying my body then my hair as I walked back into my room. I saw Lucas in the mirror struggling to tie his tie. He had been cranky for a while now with everything that's going on. Usually he would just go running to calm his self down but he was getting tenser by the minute.

I walked over to him making him face me. I took his tie fixing his mistakes that he shouldn't have made in the first place. "You seriously need to relax."

"How am I supposed to relax with my mom arriving tonight to stay in my house?"

"How long is she staying?"

"I don't even know." He walked over to the bed sitting down rubbing his hands down his face. "Too much is going on especially with the phone conference I have with Oliva and her boss today." I went and sat in his lap making him look at me.

"Everything will be okay. If it doesn't work out with this one then you will find another way to get your hotel." I kissed his lips pecking them twice before smiling. He wrapped his arms tight around me.

"I missed having you as my rock."

"Well miss me no longer because I back and here to stay."

"Good cause I'm going to need you more than ever now. How are you holding up with everything?"

"I'm just taking it one day at a time."

"And the pain you had?"

"The pain is still there not as much to the point I want to rip off my own skin nut just enough that I can take a breather for a minute or two."

"Thing will get better."

"I just hope my first day back at work goes well."

"It will and I will be home early with my mom in tow." He pouted making me laugh at him. I kissed him making him smile.

When I got to the shop Blair was already there cleaning up the shop. She was humming a tune so she didn't hear me come in. "You sound happy this morning." She jumped turning to me.

"I am. Welcome back boss lady." She came over to me and hugged me tight. I was shocked and then I hugged her back.

"Thanks but I need to apologize to you for snapping at you the other day. I was out of line and I was going through something heavy then."

"Girl don't worry about it. We all have our moments, hell even sometimes I can be a little bitchy during that time of the month." She winked at me while laughing.

"I'm just glad you're not mad at me."

"I could never stay mad at you. I'm just happy you're doing okay after everything that has happened."

"Thanks, but honestly I'm just glad to be back at work." I put a smile on my face trying to stay happy.

"Well I'm going to get started on some orders we have backed up in the back." I nodded staying in the front. I looked around taking in my shop that I have been away from so long. I missed this place. For the first time I felt good being in this place.

I went to the counter and got out the books along with my computer. Since I hadn't been in here in a while I had to go over the numbers. I needed to see how the business was doing and make sure everything adds up. Being with Lucas had taught me how to run my business and how to spot if something was wrong.

Once I had decided to put on my apron to start baking myself someone knocked on my door. I looked up and saw a man with smooth light skin and silk black hair standing at the door. I walked over to the door to get closer.