Chapter Three

I was making turkey and ham sandwiches for the fishing trip since I knew we would need something to eat, especially with me being pregnant. Just as I was finishing up Lucas walked in carrying in his fishing rod and bait box. I laughed at how silly he looked. "Well don't you look more than prepared to fish with my dad?" he bit his lip putting his things down. I could tell he was nervous about going fishing with my dad but I thought it was good my dad wanted to. Usually my dad just glared at any guy I ever bring home to meet him. I walked over to him grabbing him by his face and kissing him on the lips.

"Don't be nervous, it's just my dad."

"Yea if I don't impress him then he may never accept him as a son-in-law."

"He will accept you in time. All he needs to do is see how much we love each other and the next thing you know he be treating you like his son." When I mentioned my dad's son I instantly thought about Jordan. I still couldn't believe Jordan was missing in action. I felt like I needed to do something to find him but I knew there was nothing I could do. I also knew once my parents found out they would fall apart and then get mad that they were notified sooner.

"Hey what's wrong," Lucas asked grabbing my chin to make me look at him. I shook my head. "Nothing." I attempted to walk away but he grabbed me sitting me down in his lap as he sat down in the chair. "Tell me what's wrong. I know something is up."

"Nothing is up or wrong."

"Bullshit. Something is up with you, I've known for a while and I want to know what it is now." I looked at him trying to decide if I should tell him. I mean I did need to tell someone about this and he was my husband. We were supposed to share everything with each other but this was something my parents should know first. I bit my lip hard not knowing what to do as he stared at me.

"Okay, the other day Raquel came into the shop and told me something about Jordan."

"What about Jordan?"

"She told me that he was transferred to Jordan and his team got attacked and now he is missing in action."

"What do you mean missing in action?"

"I mean they don't know where my little brother is. Apparently when his team was attacked they had to separate and now no one seems to be able to locate my brother."

"So what now?"

"All I can do now is wait and see what they tell Raquel." He pulled his eyebrows together confused.

"Tell Raquel? Why would the Army be telling Raquel anything?" I laughed forgetting the main course of this messed up situation.

"Well apparently my little brother and I have way more in common than we think."

"What does that mean?"

"Jordan and Raquel secretly got married before he was shipped out." He laughs out loud. "Never would've thought that would happen or that they would get married so soon." I looked at him smiling.

"Well we got married quick."

"That's different."

"How is it different?"

"Because we knew each other way before then so when we got together it was easy." This time I laughed at his logic.

"We knew each other as coworkers not friends or lovers. Most of the time we knew each other, you were a complete jerk and the other half you kept your feelings for me a secret. If you think about it they have a better foundation than we do."

"That may be true but guess what?"

"What?"

"We are still better at being married." He grabbed my chin bringing my lips to his smiling.

We had finally made to lake where Lucas' boat was and it was bigger than I thought. I had never been to his boat but I knew he had one because he was always fixing on it. "This is a beautiful boat," my dad commented checking out every inch of the boat.

"Yea I bought it cheap and fixed it up myself to this."

"I didn't know you knew how to fix boats," my dad said impressed. I smiled liking how my dad was taking to Lucas. The whole car ride he was on edge trying to think of things to say to my dad so that my dad would talk to him. I thought it was cute.

"Yea I taught to myself how to do a lot of things. I like trying out new things."

"Well I'm glad my daughter married a handy man." He patted him on the back and sat down getting his rod together to fish.

After two hours of fishing we had caught only three fish. I laughed at them because before we started they were talking about how good they were at fishing. The fish they did catch were small and could barely make a meal. We were now just relaxing on the boat as it bobbed up and down. I was genuinely happy in this moment and didn't want it to end. I snuggled up to Lucas with my dad sitting across from us.

"Can I be blunt," my dad asked breaking the silence. I looked at him not knowing what he would want to say. I looked at Lucas and we both nodded for him to go on. "When I found out you two had gotten married it hurt me to my soul and I know I have two other children, but I thought I would at least get to walk my first born down the aisle." The look on my dad's face made me feel like the worst person ever. I never meant to make him feel that way when I got married to Lucas. Honestly when I got married I was just excited to do something without having to ask for permission from my family or my mom. I wanted my marriage to start the way I wanted it to, not the way my family did.

"Dad when Lucas proposed I didn't think about how affected the family would be. I just wanted to be married to Lucas, I never wanted to upset you or anyone."

"I know and that's why I haven't gotten angry but I do have one question for Lucas." My dad turned to Lucas who was caught off guard by the sudden attention.

"Anything."

"I need to know if you truly love my daughter and promises to protect and care for her until the end of time."

"Sir, I truly do love Samaria with all my heart and vow to always protect her until the end of time." My dad stared at him as if he was reading his mind and then nodded satisfied.

"Well then the only thing to do is to welcome you into the family as my son-in-law." He got up and Lucas followed where they both ended up hugging each other. In that moment I was really happy because if no one else accepted Lucas I wanted my dad to.

I had just taken a shower and came into the bedroom to see Lucas laying on the bed with no shirt. I bit my lip liking what I was seeing. I climbed on top of the bed until I was in his lap facing him. He looked at me curious as to what I was doing. I took his face and begin kissing all over it slowly until I reached his mouth. I slowly bit his lip making him moan and grip onto my waist. Before I could go any further he pulled away looking at me, "How are you feeling?" he placed his hand on my stomach feeling around.

"I'm fine. I only experienced a little morning sickness today."

"I didn't know how you would react to being on the boat. I was holding my breath hoping you wouldn't puke all over the place." I laughed at his dramatics.

"Surprisingly my stomach held up and the baby behaved." He then sighed and looked down worried all of a sudden. I made him look at me. "What's wrong?"

"I have to fly to Beijing to finalize a deal."

"How long will you be gone?"

"Three days because the client wants to hash out everything before he signs anything."

"Well when do you leave?"

"The day after tomorrow. I don't want to leave you alone because anything could happen and I won't be here."

"I will be fine. But I am happy my dad accepted you into the family."

"I thought your dad was going to throw me off the boat." I laughed out loud not believing his words. "My dad would never do that." He looked down at my stomach then back up at me.

"I think we should tell your parents at least about the baby." I sighed not wanting to discuss this again.

"I will think about it, I promise." He nods and then kisses me pulling me closer to him.