Chapter Twenty-Seven

So far things felt like they were getting back on track which means I had to get my shop on track too. I sat at a table counting this month's profits to see how good the shop was doing. Blair came in and slid in front of me. "You've been working hard lately."

"You have to be when you own a shop," I said smiling at her. She nodded sliding something over to me.

"What's this?"

"An order to for my cousin's wedding. She heard about the shop and is willing to pay to have a cake made for her."

"Nonsense, we will make the cake for free. She is your family and we take care of family." Blair smiled wide.

"You are the best boss ever."

"I don't know about that. I don't think the best boss ever is out of work all the time, especially when she owns the place."

"It's understandable. You have a lot going on."

"I guess so," I said sighing.

"So how is your brother doing?"

"He was discharged two days ago and has been driving the family crazy, but my mom is loving every moment of it. She's just happy to have someone to baby besides my dad."

"I bet your brother is loving that."

I laughed. "Actually, he is. He loves getting all the attention. Not only is Raquel waiting on him hand and foot, but so is my mother."

"Well, at least now you can plan your wedding since things have dies down."

"Honestly the last thing I want to do is plan a wedding. I just want things to fall into place and be done already."

"Well, on the bright side you and Lucas are already married, so no pressure."

"That's true."

I was closing up the shop and cleaning up the equipment so I could go home. I was so tired, I just wanted to watch some TV and eat pizza.

As I was about to gather my stuff I heard someone knocking on the door. At first I thought about what weapon I should grab but decided to just go see who it was. I smiled when I saw who it was. I opened the door, "What are you doing here daddy?"

He came in looking very relaxed. "I came to see you."

"And mom let you out of the house?"

"I'm still a man. I go where and when I please."

I smirked, "I bet. Now what do I owe the pleasure of your company?"

"Your husband came to see me today."

"Lucas?"

"Unless you have another husband somewhere, yes him."

"What did he want?"

"Apparently he has some business venture he wants me to be a part of."

"The hotel?"

"So you do know about it?"

"We've talked about it, yes."

"Well, he came to me about being an investor since my daughter clued him in about me having money." I bite my lip while looking down at the floor. "You want to tell me why you did such a thing?"

"We were talking about the investor that fell through and I brought up that maybe you or I could be his investor. It was just an idea I didn't think he took me serious."

"Well he did."

"So what do you think? I hope you weren't too mean to him."

"No, I told him that before we went any further I had to talk with you first."

"Why me?"

"I need to know do you trust him. I know he's your husband and you don't want to talk bad about him, but you know better than I do if I should trust him with my money." Instantly my anger level rose up at the fact that my dad could ask me such a thing. How could he think such a thing? I then realized that this was his money we were talking about. He didn't know Lucas like I did.

"Honestly daddy Lucas is the best person you can trust with your money. I worked for him a long time and he always handled his clients' money with efficiency and professionalism."

"So you think I should listen to what the boy has to say?"

"Yes, daddy."

He looked down for a minute then sighed, "In that case I will give the boy a chance. Tell him to set up a meeting in his office and call me with the details." I hugged him tight.

"Thank you daddy."

"I'm only doing this for you so he better be on his A game."

"I will tell him." I looked down and he lifted up my chin to meet his eyes. "Are you okay?"

I smiled. "Better than I have been in a long time."

He smiled back, "I'm glad baby girl." He kissed me on the forehead bringing me back into a hug.

When I got home I saw Lucas' car in the driveway so I knew he was home. But when I got inside the lights were off and there was noise in the distance. I dropped my stuff down on the floor while taking off my shoes. I followed the noise still very confused as to what I was hearing or what was going on.

The noise led me to the media room where I found Lucas leaning on the doorway with popcorn in his hand. I walked up to him taking some for myself, popping it into my mouth. "What's all of this?"

"Our date night of course." I smiled taking some more popcorn. I looked around the room seeing the whole set up he had. He had the big screen already ready with a movie and the popcorn machine ready as well.

"This reminds me when you brought me over to your house to watch a movie in the backyard."

"Yea, but I can't do the same thing twice. I gotta keep my stuff original." I laughed tip toeing and kissing him on the lips. He could really be corny when he wanted to and I loved that about him. It felt like we were actually making progress with our marriage.

I took the popcorn from his hands and went to sit down in a chair. I turned to face him still smiling like he was a little kid. I crossed my legs while smiling back.

"My dad came to see me today."

"He said he would," he said while leaning on the wall near me.

"So you want my dad as an investor but not me?"

"It's nothing personal, I just thought by going to your dad we could bond. I mean it's no secret your dad can't stand me."

"That's not true. My dad likes you."

"Whenever I'm around he looks at me then turns away trying to pretend I don't exist. You and I both know I was not his first choice for your husband." I wanted to disagree with him but I married Lucas before daddy could really get to know him. To daddy I just married someone and was forcing him to like him. Daddy needed to make his own decision about Lucas without my interference.

"Well, he said he will listen to what you have to say."

"Really?"

I nodded finishing off the popcorn. "And you better have your shit together or he will rip you a part."

"Trust me I know."

"So what movie we watching?" He smirked walking over to me kneeling in front of me. "You'll have to wait and see beautiful." He reached up kissing me capturing my lips with his.

"On second thought I don't need a movie, I need desert," I said smiling pulling him closer to me. I begin kissing him at his ear and slowly made my way to his lips.

He pulled back smiling, "Then desert you shall have."