Chapter Thirty-Two

Today was the day Lucas and I were flying to New York for his new business. I was excited to get away for a couple days but I was more excited to spend some time with Lucas. He had been working late lately so I haven't seen him as much as I would like to.

I was currently putting the finishing touches on my make-up. Lucas had gotten me up early so that we wouldn't be late. Packing alone was a task for me, I didn't know what to bring.

"All the bags are in the car. Are you ready to go?" Lucas asked coming into the bathroom where I was.

"Yea just check myself out one last time."

"From where I'm standing you look damn good," he said biting his bottom lip.

"We have a plane to catch." I moved to walk out of the bathroom but he blocked me by stepping in front of me.

"It's my plane and it moves when I tell it to." He bent down kissing my lips softly.

"You have a meeting tomorrow so we need to get going."

"Fine then you will owe me when we get there."

"Walk," I said pointing to the door. He smiled kissing me one last time before turning around and walking out the door.

We finally got to the plane and got on to take our trip. Usually I like to take in the view but this time I was tired. All I wanted to was take a much needed nap.

By the time I was out, it felt like I was being awoken by Lucas. Lucas had our stuff loaded into our car and then we headed to the hotel, the Four Seasons. I waited in the car while Lucas went in to check us in. I wasn't really in the mood to really do any unnecessary walking or standing.

"Everything's is ready," Lucas said opening the door and holding up the room key.

"Then let's go." I got out and followed him inside the hotel. Lucas had gotten us a suite on the seventh floor. Soon as I walked in our last time being in a hotel came flooding back to me. The last time all hell broke loose and I was left alone.

"What's wrong?"

"Just thinking about the first time we were in a hotel room together."

"It didn't go so well, did it?"

"I say far from it."

He turned me around to face him. "This time will be different. This time we both know how we feel about one another."

"It feels like all that happened yesterday."

"Maybe, but at the end of the day I'm the lucky one."

"And why is that?"

"Because I ended up with you as my wife." He said smiling grabbing me by my waist and kissing me.

I was sleep on the couch when I felt something touching me. I opened my eyes to see Lucas kneeled down in front of me. I felt like I had been hit by a bus. I had plans today while he was gone but I couldn't get myself off this couch.

"You're back."

"And you were sleep."

"I was watching TV, I guess I fell asleep," I said rubbing my tired eyes. "How were the properties?"

He ran his hand down his face sighing, "None of them were right. They were either over budget or just wrong period."

"I'm sorry baby. I guess this trap was a bust."

He shook his head, "We still have tonight and I have some things planned." He was now smiling secretly. Whenever he had this look I knew he was doing or planning something big or special. Sometimes he would go so big that I felt overwhelmed or that I wasn't good enough for such things. I knew Lucas loved me and that was all that mattered. I would keep enjoying every little or big thing he would do for me because I knew he was only doing it for me.