Chapter Fifteen

Lucas has been gone two days and I have went crazy three times over. His mother was seriously driving me insane. The only thing she could do was criticize my marriage and me. I had done nothing to make her not like me so her whole attitude was uncalled for. I wanted to just kick her out but I knew that wouldn't go over well with Lucas. Lucas refused to put her in her place which made her think she could do and say anything she wanted to me. I thought my mother was bad, well my mother was an angel compared to this woman.

I went into the shop early to get away from her so I wouldn't have to hear constant insults. I hated to admit it but she was really damaging my confidence. I had worked so hard to build my self-esteem and she just comes along and tears all that down. I told myself she was just full of shit but sometimes words hurt and words can cut deeper than anything in this world.

"Didn't think you would be here so early. I thought I was the only one that came in at this time." I looked up at Blair. I was still trying to decide my feelings towards her.

"Well this is my job and shop." She looked taken aback by my words and a little hurt. I wasn't trying to become a mean girl but doing things behind my back just didn't sit well with me. I wondered if she was ever going to tell me about the interview or if she was going to hire the guy. Things like that just annoyed me to my core.

"Were you ever going to tell me?"

"What do you mean?"

"Were you ever going to tell me about the interview or were you going to hire the guy and one day I run into him and that's the way I find out?"

"Samaria I would've never done that to you."

"That's kind of hard to believe since you went out of your way to set up an interview for my shop. You didn't even ask me if I wanted another person or could even afford another person."

"Samaria I know what I did was out of line. I shouldn't have set up an interview without your permission but I was just thinking about the good of the shop, that's it. I wasn't trying to go behind your back, I swear."

"Then I guess you will be glad to know that I hired Marco."

"I would be if you weren't still mad at me. You are a friend to me and I would never do anything to put that at risk."

"I don't like decisions about my shop being made without my knowledge. I know you were just thinking about the shop but my shop is the only thing I have right now and I have to maintain control of it."

"I understand. Any decisions I am thinking about making I will run by you first."

"Okay."

"So we are okay now?"

"For now."

"Seriously?"

"Fine we are cool as long as you don't pull that again." She smiled then attacked me with a hug. She held on tight taking all my air away.

"I don't like it when you're mad at me." She continued to hug me until I pushed her away and told her to get to work.

The day had ended and Blair and I were preparing some pastries for the next day when Raquel walked through the door to the back. I had given her a key to the shop in case anything came up. "What are you doing here?"

"I was going crazy being at home waiting for any news on Jordan."

"I can understand that. Have you heard anything about his health?"

"No, and it's driving me fucking insane. I just want to see him."

"We all do." Not being able to know anything Jordan just made everything seem so dark. We didn't know anything and it was killing us all. My mother, especially, was going out of her mind. She would call the Army every day to see if they had any news.