Chapter Sixteen

Today is the day that Lucas is supposed to be home and I can't wait. Ever since I found out about Brianna and her potential pregnancy I have been in a funk. I need Lucas more than ever now. I was confused on how I felt, one part was pissed and another part was just numb. I wanted to throw a fit like a child but I knew I couldn't. I just stared up at the ceiling forcing myself not to cry. Everything was making me lose my promise to myself. I didn't want to cry, especially not over Brianna. A tear slipped down my face and I quickly wiped it away not liking the idea of crying.

I got up and went to Lucas' office to see if I could get some work done. I thought if I was in his office I would feel closer to him and the pending pain would go away. Since I hired Marco I needed to look over my finances. Hiring someone else had put stress on me to find a way to work around it. I had to redo my budget plan to make sure everything works and I still make a profit. I didn't want to lose any money because of this new hire. If I did things right I could make things work and make a profit.

As I was looking at the computer at my last quarter rates from the shop profits Lucas' mom walked in. I didn't want to go through this right now. I didn't want to add to the stress that already existed. I just wanted to be left alone.

"What the hell are you doing in my son's office?" I looked up at her. She was getting too comfortable in my home. She was working my nerves. I didn't feel good. I needed to be left alone.

"I can't do this right now."

"I don't give a damn what you can do. I asked you a question."

"This is my damn house and I go wherever the hell I please."

"This house belongs to my son, not you." She smirked to prove something but she was in for a rude awakening. She acted like she knew everything when in truth she knew nothing.

"My name is on the deed too. When we got married he changed it and put both of our names on it so this is my house too and you need to watch yourself before you find yourself outside of it." I smirked backing feeling good for the way her face dropped. Maybe no one never put her name on anything but my husband did and she would have to live with that. She recovered and walked closer to the desk where I was sitting. She was pissed now.

"Is that a threat I hear?"

I stood up to meet her. "Oh no, I don't have time for threats. It's a promise."

"My son would never let that happen." She was regaining her strength and confidence.

"Your son isn't here, I am and it would do you some good to realize your place."

"The only person that needs to learn their place is you bitch. My son will always do what I say and the sooner you get the better." Now she had crossed the line. The fact that she had admitted that Lucas would always do what she said made me angry. She was taking advantage of the situation. She was banking on the fact that Lucas would never say anything to her. And the worse part was she was right.

I got up angry and walked over to her until I was face to face with her. "I don't give a damn about the hold you think you have over Lucas because understand this I am his wife and you will never control me which means if you cross me, I will destroy you; the sooner you get that the better." At this point we were staring each other down. Neither one of us was willing to move. If she thought she was going to just run things with no problem then she was sadly mistaken. I wanted to portray my power onto her. I wanted to show her that I wasn't afraid of her.

"What the hell is going on here?" I didn't need to turn to know whose voice that was. Lucas was home. We stayed looking at each other daring each other to look away. "I asked a question." He put bass behind his voice to let me know he was serious.