44 One Last Sorry

I am with SiSi and Tempest on the normal couch when a familiar face pops up.

"Akashi!" I call excitedly.

He greets, "Hey."

"What are you doing here?" I say with my excitement changing to confusion. "You don't go here."

He answers, "Just here to visit my old friends." His heterochromatic eyes glare at me. "A lot of things have happened since I last visited you and Aomine. You two broke up, am I correct?"

I look down ashamed. "Yeah."

He continues, "You broke his heart quite a bit."

"Sorry," I say.

He says, "Don't apologize to me. He was the one you broke the heart of."

"You called me to come here," Aomine says as he walks over to us. "Oh." He says that just as he sees me.

"Oh?" SiSi says offended.

"Nothing," he says. "I just didn't expect her or you guys to be here."

I scoff, "Well, sorry for existing."

"That's not what I mean," he says avoiding eye contact with me.

Akashi glares at him and says, "Get over yourself. She is clearly sorry, and she said that, didn't she?"

"Yes, but I wish a relationship still existed between us," Aomine says.

SiSi whispers, "This conversation is confusing."

Tempest whispers, "That's because you've only been with one guy and a stable one at that."

Akashi says to me, "I heard about all of this from Tetsuya."

"What?" Aomine and I say surprised. We have no idea how often Kuroko has been around us. But as usual, he is always around and invisible to us.

Akashi explains, "You two have not talked. King is still feeling guilty, and Aomine is still feeling heartbroken or more useless than usual."

"Hey!" Aomine growls.

Akashi says, "You can't leave things unresolved."

"It's not exactly unresolved, "I say. "I apologized."

"And she's officially with Haru again," Aomine adds. "I'm fine."

"No, you're not," he butts in. "You are still feeling hurt, and the actions of King is hurting you."

"Ouch," I mutter.

"Sorry if I put it too bluntly," Akashi apologized.

I say, "No big deal. It's the truth. So are you saying that I need to apologize again, and try to not cause him too many problems. I mean...." My voice trailed off. I was going to say 'I did basically cheat on him.'

"Yes," Akashi says.

I stand up and go in front of Aomine. I call, "Aomine."

"Hm?" He mumbled.

"You are a great guy," I say in all seriousness. "What I have done is unforgivable. I don't deserve your love, so I should have properly broken up with you. You deserve someone better."

"Yeah um," Aomine scratched the back of his neck as if he was trying to think of what to say. "It's fine, really." He gave me a hug. "It will just take a little while. Thanks for the other apology. You don't need to do that anymore." He pats my back and lets go of me. "Thank you."

I can feel my face grew warm and my eyes grow blurry. I cover my face with my hands. I was about to cry. I just nodded.

"Hanh?" Aomine says alarmed. "Don't cry! I didn't mean to do anything!"

"Shut up," I say. "I'm just a bit happy." 

Akashi sighs, "Well, things have been settled. Kuroko couldn't stand seeing you two so uncomfortable." He quickly says, "I blame Aomine."

"HOW!?" Aomine yells.

Akashi chuckled.

After an hour of chilling and talking after a crushing weight of guilt was lifted off of me, Akashi and Aomine walked off to find Kise to play basketball.

Hinata came with Kenma trailing behind. Kenma's face was deep in his gaming device while holding on to his shirt. He greets, "Hi, guys!"

The three of us greet them.

Kenma mumble a greeting, "Hi." He sighs to Hinata, "Do we have to go out? I'm still tired."

Hinata groans, "Come on. We did it yesterday. Didn't you have a whole day of rest?"

Kenma pouts, "I need a week."

He replies, "You're lazy."

Kenma retorts, "You have too much energy."

SiSi asks, "Whatchu talking about?"

"Nothing," the couple says quickly.

"You guys are silly," Tempest giggles. "What do you plan on doing?"

"Gaming," Kenma answers.

Hinata answers, "I need to study, so I was going to ask for your help, Tempest."

"I don't mind helping," she says. She stands up. "Shall we?"

"Right!" Hinata says with excitement.

The three walk away from the area.

SiSi and I just sit in the area just talking and eating. I have a laptop while she has a book. 

Armin comes here and asks, "Can I sit here with you?"

SiSi says, "You don't have to ask. Go ahead."

Armin snuggles in between us with a large book in his hand. He happily reads. After a while, he looks up from his book, and says, "Hi, Kageyama!"

Kageyama adjusts his glasses awkwardly. "Uh, hi." He has a bento in his other hand.

Armin says, "We got to know each other better this semester because we have the same English class."

"Uh yeah," he agrees. He is being awkward with him. Well... he is basically that way with everyone else that's not a part of the sport volleyball.

"Come on," Armin says. "Sit with us."

Kageyama nods. He sits down on a chair adjacent away from us. He begins to eat.

"What a cute lunch," Armin points out. "Did you make it?"

"No," he answers. "Tooru made it for me."

"Cute," SiSi says. "Does he do that often." She begins to text Levi, her fiance.

Kageyama shrugs, "He did it because he flirted with another girl. To apologize, he made me this lunch."

"Oh," everyone says. It suddenly gets awkward.

He adds, "I told him next time he does that, I'm never going to forgive him. Now he's treating me like a prince now. I'm okay with that."

Armin laughs nervously, "Well, if it works out for you."

He nods and continues to eat.

We shrug and continue to chill. I wonder what's going to happen next.