Hero (Kara x reader)

Request: Could you please do a Supergirl imagine where the reader gets powers and asks Kara for help because they wanna be a hero like her?

When you first got your powers you weren't quite sure how to react. 

It was more of a nuisance at first, you even asked Alex to look into possibly finding a cure to get rid of them.

Kara helped you get enough control over them so would stop unintentionally breaking stuff, there were only so many DEO doors J'onn could handle having to replace.

As the weeks went on you actually started to enjoy these new powers of yours. 

Seeing Kara saving the city was nothing new, but now as you watched you started imaging yourself in her position. 

You thought about all the ways you could help fighting by her side. 

You were talking with Kara in the DEO when Alex and Maggie approached you.

"Y/N, I've got great news," Alex told you excitedly.

"What is it?"

"I think I finally found a cure, it's not a sure thing because I don't exactly have a way to put it through proper testing but I think it might work." 

"That's great!" Kara responded just as enthusiastically. 

"What's wrong Y/N? I thought you'd be more excited about getting to be powerless again," Alex questioned you. 

"No, no, it's great news Alex," you told her half-heartedly.

"But something's still wrong, so spill."

"Alright... I've been thinking a lot lately and.... maybe I don't want to give up these powers anymore," you confessed. 

"I thought you hated them?" Maggie joined in. 

"Well I did at first, but that was before I really learned how to use them. I was actually hoping that Kara would consider training me to be a hero... like her." 

"Y/N, being a hero isn't as glamorous as it may look. It's dangerous and a lot of hard work," Kara started explaining .

"I know it is Kara but I had to have been given these powers for  a reason right? I just want to do some good. Give back to the city that raised me." 

Kara, Alex and Maggie all looked to each other and Alex gave Kara a nod.

"Alright Y/N, I'll train you but you're going to have to work harder than you ever have before." 

"Oh thank you Kara," you said pulling her in for a hug finally giving them the excitement they had been looking for, "I promise I won't disappoint you guys." 

"I'm sure you won't but just so you know, I'll still have the cure in my lab if you ever want it," Alex told you. 

"Thank you, all of you, I'm going to go get a work-out in. Kara, just let me know when you want to start training," you told your friends before hurrying to the DEO's private gym.

"You think they'll be able to do this?" Maggie asked as they watched you hurry off. 

"I have no doubt about it," Kara smiled.