Confidence (Kara x reader)

Request: Could you please do a Kara x reader fic where the reader is a wannabe author and wants Kara to read their writing?

For as long as you could remember all you wanted to do was write.

You just never had enough confidence in your writing to be able to show to it anyone. 

Kara had been at your place and asked to borrow your laptop to work on an article.

While trying to make a new document she stumbled upon a folder full of pieces you had written, including some ideas you had for a novel.

"Y/N, what are these?" she asked you.

You walked over to the dining room table where she was sitting to see what she was talking about.

You looked over her shoulder and realized she was looking at your writing and you panicked, "Oh that's uh nothing," you said trying to exit out of it.

"Y/N why didn't you tell me your a writer?" she teased.

"Because they're no good, at least not as good as your work."

"You shouldn't compare yours skills to anyone else, I'm sure they're great," she smiled, "can I at least read some?"

You bit your lip thinking about it, if you ever wanted to get published someone would have to read your work eventually right?

"Yeah, sure Kara," you told her reluctantly.

She spent nearly two hours reading file after file while you anxiously sat across from her.

She finally tore her eyes away from the computer screen to look at you.

"What do you think? Be honest," you said feeling yourself get more nervous at what was coming.

"Y/N, this is... incredible," she breathed out, "I wish I had known you were a writer before, I would have gotten you a job at CatCo a long time ago."

"Really? You think I could work at CatCo?" you asked in surprise.

"Yes really, everything I've read is so enchanting, you just want to keep reading more," she said enthusiastically.

You felt relief wash over you at the positivity coming from her.

"You should put some pieces together for me to show James, he'll want to give you a job in a heartbeat," she continued.

"I don't know Kara, having people read my writing hasn't always been the easiest thing," you confessed.

"Writing some articles for CatCo will help you get the confidence you need, everyone will love you. You can work there with me while you write your book and make a name for yourself."

You took a moment to yourself to process your thoughts.

"Alright, I'll do it," you said smiling wide.