Madhouse (Lena x reader)

Request: Can we get one where the reader works at the L-Corp and the reader's pet (snake preferably but up to you) is accidentally in her bag. And they hunt for it but It was chillin with Lena?

a/n: I didn't know what to name the snake so I just put Y/S/N for your snakes name so you could name it whatever you want

It was normal day at L-Corp as you sat behind your desk working.

The entire floor was quiet besides the usual typing of keyboards, that was until a woman you worked with came gradually running down the hallway in her heels and pencil skirt yelling that she had just seen a snake in the break room kitchen.

Being that you owned a snake and were considerably knowledgeable on them, you were elected to go check it out.

You were walking around the break room, looking everywhere you could but saw no snake.

"Maybe you didn't see a snake, maybe you just kicked a pen that someone dropped and it looked like a snake rolling under the counter," you suggested to your co-worker.

"It was a snake, I swear of it," she told you.

Your phone started buzzing from your pocket so you took it out to see that it was your roommate calling which was odd since they didn't typically call you while you were at work.

You picked up the phone slightly worried, "Hey, is everything okay?"

"Y/N, I think Y/S/N got loose, he's not in his tank and I can't find him anywhere," you heard from the other end.

"Oh crap," you muttered to yourself, "someone at work said they saw a snake in the break room, Y/S/N must have gotten out and slipped into my bag," you told your roommate. 

"You better find him before Luthor finds out your snake is loose in her building."

"You're right, I gotta go," you quickly sputtered hanging up.

You and a couple other people spent hours frantically searching L Corp for your pet snake with no luck.

One of the others suggested giving up and just telling Lena what happened, "Maybe she could call animal control or something to come help flush it out?"

"It's a harmless house snake, no one needs to call animal control, but I guess I do need to go talk to Lena," you sighed.

You went to Lena's office and knocked on the door.

When you heard a soft 'come in' from the other side you opened the door letting yourself inside.

"Ms. Luthor there's something I need to-" you started until you saw your snake sitting on her desk, "Y/S/N!"

"So I'm assuming this snake belongs to you then," she said calmly.

"Oh my gosh, Ms. Luthor I am so sorry about this, he must have slipped into my bag this morning when I wasn't looking and-"

"It's okay Y/N," Lena said cutting your ramblings off, "your little friend here hasn't caused me any trouble, he's actually quite cute," she said picking him up to return to you.

"You like snakes?" you asked her.

"Yes I do, I have always found them to be very interesting," she smiled.

"I can't believe I didn't know you liked snakes, my roommate isn't the biggest fan, I'm surprised they even noticed he was gone when they called to tell me," you laughed, the tension beginning to fade as you realized you weren't in trouble.

"Well not everybody see's the beauty of these creatures," she chuckled.

"That's true, but I really am sorry Ms. Luthor that Y/S/N kind of turned the building into a madhouse today, it won't happen again," you told her.

"I have faith that it won't Y/N, now, you should get back to work and see what you can actually get done with the rest of the day," she said walking back to her desk.

"Of course, thank you Ms. Luthor," you nodded turning around.

When you reached the door you heard Lena call to you, "Oh, and Y/N,"

"Yes?" you said looking at her.

"Stop calling me Ms. Luthor, it's Lena," she smiled.