Thanksgiving (Lena x reader)

Request: Lena x male reader : where in 2x08 instead of kara interviewing lena its the reader also the scene where lena eating at her desk by herself instead the reader goes back to l corp to ask lena if she want to join the reader for thanksgiving

a/n: I went back and rewatched that scene for dialogue, and since the interview took place after thanksgiving in the show I switched the order of events for this fic and dialogue from the show might be slightly changed 

"Alright people, question of the day; what did Cadmus want with Supergirl," J'onn said walking into the DEO lobby looking to you, Kara, Alex and Winn.

"And why did Lilian Luthor take your blood," Alex said to her sister, "I mean why not just kill you?"

"I think she has something a little more nefarious planned," Kara sighed. 

"Oh yeah those Luthors love their epic criminal schemes," Winn said from his desk chair.

"I just need to know what Lena knows," Kara stated.

"Will do, I will tap every phone, hack every computer," Winn said animatedly as Alex walked over to him.

"No, I'll do it," you jumped in, "we're friends, I bet I can get her to say what she knows."

"How?" Alex asked skeptically.

"Reporting skills... and good ol' fashioned sneakiness." you told them, "she already thinks I work at CatCo with Kara and James,"

"Solid plan," Winn said looking doubtfully to Alex.

"Yeah, absolutely," Alex added.

"You guys, I can be sneaky when I want to be," you said defensively. 

"Definitely," Kara said grinning.

"Sounds like a plan," J'onn said before walking away.

"Well, looks like I'm off to L Corp," you said matter-of-factly, turning to leave for your destination.

When you were out of sight Alex looked to Winn, "Hack Lena anyway."

"Duh," Winn said spinning in his chair, "he's not sneaky... like at all," he joked.

You arrived to L Corp and Lena happily welcomed you into her office.

"So what exactly is this interview for?" Lena asked, pouring you both glasses of water and walking back to her desk that you were sitting on the other side of.

"Oh, it's a puff piece," you told her, "'Women of power and the mothers who molded them'."

"That's a very interesting piece for a man like yourself to write," Lena teased.

"Well actually it was Kara's idea but she was busy today so she gave the piece to me," you lied. 

"Of course I'm happy to help Y/N, but I'm just not sure how interesting my mother and I really are," Lena stated.

"I'm sure you're mother is fascinating, she did raise you after all, that charm and determination of yours had to come from somewhere," you chuckled. 

"Listen Y/N, you can write whatever sounds good but the truth is, as a daughter... I always seemed to fall short," she admitted, "we could never agree on anything."

"What sort of things didn't you agree on?" you asked, "was it with the business or..."

"Oh God no, my mother couldn't care less about L Corp," Lena said shaking her head.

"What about back when it was Luthor Corp? How did she feel when you changed the company's direction?"

"You mean when I changed it from it's 'murdering world domination' direction?" she joked.

"Sure, yes," you laughed, "it's just you said once that you wanted L Corp to be a 'force for good'... she has to be proud of that."

"Yeah, I would hope so," she smiled, "Look, Y/N, you know, I'm a complete idiot, I forgot I had a meeting, I trust you will do us justice."

"Yes, of course," you said gathering your belongings, "it was good to see you Lena."

"Always a pleasure," she said hugging you goodbye.

You headed back to the DEO to tell your team what you found out.

"We didn't get too deep into it because she had a meeting but I doubt Lena knows anything about her mother and Cadmus," you told them.

"But how can we be sure," Alex stated.

"I think someone needs to go back there and talk to her again," J'onn said, "Kara, you should go this time."

"J'onn, you know it's thanksgiving right?" Winn asked.

"Yeah, I actually need to get home soon and finish cooking dinner," Kara said shyly.

"Eliza is coming over," Alex added.

"And she's bringing her famous cranberry relish," Winn said excitedly.

"J'onn, I can go see Lena again, I'll just say I have some follow up questions," you told him.

"You don't have any 'Thanksgiving' plans," J'onn asked.

"Not unless eating a turkey sandwich by myself and watching football counts as plans."

"Y/N, you know you're welcome to join us at my place," Kara said.

"Thanks Kara but Thanksgiving isn't exactly my favorite holiday," you told her, "I should go back to L Corp, hopefully Lena hasn't left yet, I'll see you guys tomorrow."

You went back to L Corp to find Lena eating a pre-made salad at her desk, staring at seemingly endless documents on her computer.

"Hey Lena, sorry to bother you," you greeted.

"No bother at all Y/N, did you need something?" she asked putting her food to the side.

"No Thanksgiving plans?" you asked her, almost surprised to see her still here.

"My mother and I haven't spent Thanksgiving together since Lex went to prison. What about you? Why aren't you with your family?"

"My family doesn't celebrate it either," you said looking around the room and suddenly you felt you couldn't bother her about her mother again right now, "I just had a few follow up questions but those can wait for another day, neither one of us should have to celebrate the holiday alone... or at work... why don't we go back to my apartment, it's too late to cook anything but I know a great Chinese place that's still open?" you suggested.

"That sounds really nice Y/N, thank you," she smiled standing up, turning off her computer and putting her unfinished salad back into her small private refrigerator.

When she walked over to you she wrapped her arm in yours as you escorted her back to your place. 

This wasn't how you expected to spend your holiday but you wouldn't change a single thing about it.