The right time (Alex x reader)

Request: An Alex Danvers imagine where she falls for the youngest Lane sister (the reader) when J'onn calls her to join the Deo

Request: An Alex Danvers imagine where she falls for the youngest Lane sister (the reader) when J'onn calls her to join the Deo. This would be after the sanvers breakup, and the reader confides in Alex that she was in a similar situation before with her ex-girlfriend. Also nobody knows the reader is a lesbian. They slowly fall in love. Very fluffy and angsty if possible. Please?

a/n: featuring the overly supportive and intrusive sister Lucy

"Alex, I want you to meet Y/N Lane, she will be working with us from here on out," J'onn told Alex in the DEO bullpen.

"It's nice to meet you Y/N," she said shaking your hand, "how's Lucy? She hasn't been around in a while."

"She's overseas working on a contract job with my dad, she gets to spend all day everyday with him so she's probably losing her mind," you joked making Alex laugh.

"I'll leave you to show her around," J'onn informed Alex.

She showed you the bullpen, the training room, the medical bay, the holding cells and now you were in the armory.

"Quite the impressive inventory," you told her.

"When you deal with the extraterrestrial you need nothing but the best gear."

You couldn't help but notice that she had kept subtly touching her ring finger throughout the entire tour like she was doing right now.

"You just get out of a breakup?" you asked.

"How'd you know?" she said surprised.

"Well you keep touching your ring finger and you have only a slight ring tan so I'm assuming it was an engagement?"

"You're good," Alex chuckled.

"I have a sister who's a reporter and the other is a military general alongside my dad, I was practically raised to pick up on the otherwise unnoticeable."

"We broke up a few weeks, I wanted kids, she didn't," Alex explained.

"I'm sorry to hear that. I know how you feel, I got out of a pretty serious relationship for the same reason last year," you admitted.

"He didn't want kids either?"

"She actually, and yeah."

"Oh, I'm sorry I didn't know you were gay. I'm surprised Lucy didn't try to set us up," she chuckled nervously.

"It's okay, no one knows actually, not even Lucy or Lois."

"How come you haven't told them?"

"I don't know, just haven't found the right time yet."

"Well, whenever it is the right time I'm sure they'll support you, especially Lucy. When I first told her I was gay she practically dragged me to the National City pride parade."

"That sounds like Lucy," you laughed, "you know Alex, if she ever did try to set us up, I wouldn't be so against it," you told her, making her blush.

Six months later you realized you had fallen for Alex.

You sat on the couch of your apartment eating pizza with Lucy while she was visiting for the first time since coming back.

"What's wrong little sis," Lucy asked.

"Nothing's wrong," you shrugged.

"Yes there is, you've barely touched the pizza now tell me what's wrong."

"Alright fine, I think like someone, like maybe even love them," you confessed.

"Oh my god, love? Who? What's his name? Does he work at the DEO?" she questioned rapidly.

"Actually Lucy... it's Alex."

"Alex Danvers?"

"Yes," you said quietly.

"Why didn't you tell me you liked girls before? I could have been your wingwoman at all the gays bars and-"

"Lucy," you said cutting her off her rant, "can we just focus on Alex for right now."

"Right, Alex, yes. Are you going to ask her out?"

"I don't know, do you think she's ready to move on, I mean she was engaged."

"Alex and Maggie broke up nearly eight months ago, she has to move on eventually and why not do it with you."

"You think so?"

"Y/N, you both deserve to be happy and maybe you were meant to be happy with each other but you'll never know if you don't try."

You walked into the DEO with Lucy a few days later and saw Alex talking with Kara.

"Go ask her out," Lucy said nudging you in the side.

"Not now Lucy and keep your voice down," you quipped back.

"Lucy, it's so good to see you again," Kara said when she saw you two.

"Hey Lucy, Y/N," Alex greeted, smiling at you.

"So how much trouble has my sister caused since joining the DEO," Lucy asked mischievously.

"Actually she's been great," Alex stated.

"Great enough to take her out to dinner sometime?" Lucy smirked.

Alex and Kara both had a look of confusion while you smacked Lucy on the arm.

"Do we have any aliens to deal with today?" you said trying to change the subject.

"No it's actually been pretty quiet today," Kara said.

"So Y/N and Alex can go catch a movie then," Lucy suggested excitedly.

"Lucy," you said sharply.

"What's going on?" Alex asked.

"My sister is too scared to ask you out so I'm doing it for her. So what do you say Danvers, you want to go out with Y/N or what," Lucy stated bluntly.

"Sure," Alex responded.

"Wait really? You want to go out with me?" you asked.

"Yes I do Y/N," Alex chuckled.

"So... do you want to go get lunch or something?"

"I'd love to," she said and the two of you walked off.

"I guess it was the right time to tell Lucy then," Alex asked you.

"Yeah, yeah it was," you said happily.

"Well finally," Kara sighed as she watched you two, "Alex has been waiting for Y/N to ask her out for months."

"All in a days work for the great Lucy Lane," Lucy said quite proud of herself.