Heart of gold (Lena x reader)

Request: Lena Luthor/fem!reader: The reader is pregnant with Lena's baby (IVF or some science-y thing that made it to where the baby has both the reader's DNA and Lena's) and Lena is super protective of the reader and the baby and her also being k...

Request: Lena Luthor/fem!reader: The reader is pregnant with Lena's baby (IVF or some science-y thing that made it to where the baby has both the reader's DNA and Lena's) and Lena is super protective of the reader and the baby and her also being kind of scared of being a mom, but is always reassured by the reader and the baby also reassured her by kicking in the womb seemingly as a response to Lena's worries.

Seven months ago you found out the In Vitro process you were going through finally worked.

You were pregnant with yours and Lena's baby.

Lena had always been pretty protective of you due to the controversy of her family and the amount of threats made on her life but once she learned that you were carrying the baby her alertness skyrocketed.

Someone could just look at you the wrong way and you would have to hold her back from confronting them.

Underneath her tough persona though there was a part of Lena that was actually a bit scared to become a mother.

"What if I become like my own mother?" she confided in you one night as you laid in bed, "what if I can't give our baby the love they deserve?"

"First off, I promise you that there is no way you could ever become your mother and secondly you have a heart of gold Lena Luthor, there is no one in this world that could give this baby more love than you," you told her confidently.

"But what if the Luthor name catches up with me, what if I turn into my brother-"

"No more what ifs," you said cutting her off, "look at all the good you've done with L-Corp, all the times you stopped Morgan Edge from hurting people and don't you dare forget that you created the machine that drove the Daxamites away from invading National City. You are a good person and that's just one of the many reasons why I fell in love with you and wanted to start a family with you."

"I love you too Y/N," she smiled shyly.

You felt the baby start to kick so you grabbed Lena's hand and placed it on your stomach.

"Feel that? They think you're going to be a pretty damn good mom too," you told her.

Lena's worries suddenly faded away as she felt your baby kicking.

She leaned in and chastely kissed you, "I'm sorry for being so adamant."

"You have nothing to apologize for Lena."

You understood why Lena had her fears but all you could hope for was that one day she would see that she was so much more than her name.