Inseperable (Maggie x reader)

Request: Can you do a Maggie Sawyer x fem reader where they are best friends but both are secretly in love with each other and they eventually get together after Maggie gets jealous?

a/n: post Maggie and Alex break up

You and Maggie were inseparable, wherever one went the other followed, from Blue Springs to Gotham to Metropolis and now the most recent, National City.

You stood by and watched as your best friend fell in love with Kate Kane in Gotham and years later Alex Danvers in National City.

You were there to listen or to be a shoulder to cry on whenever she was having relationship troubles with whatever girl she had been briefly seeing at that moment.

Maggie was completely oblivious to the fact that you were in love with her and that you had been ever since you met back at the academy in Nebraska.

Maggie put aside her own feelings for you because she was scared of ruining the only genuine friendship she ever had so she too stood by as you went through one failed relationship after the other.

Tonight the two of you were playing pool at the bar to relax after a grueling shift.

As always it was a competition, best of three and loser paid the tab.

You went to the bar stand to get your next round of drinks, taking a seat and checking your phone as you waited for the bartender to return with your beers.

Suddenly there was a hand on your leg as a woman sat down next to you, "Someone as beautiful as you shouldn't be drinking alone."

"Good thing I'm not here alone then," you quipped back.

"I don't see anyone right now," she slyly smiled.

"My friend over there is waiting for me," you said glancing to Maggie who was blatantly looking your way.

"I don't think your friend will mind if I steal you for a dance," she chuckled moving her hand slightly further up your leg.

This caused a surge of jealously to hit Maggie as she strutted to your side, "Actually, she would," Maggie said grabbing the necks of both your beers in one hand and your own hand with the other, pulling you away back to the pool table.

"Woah, what brought that on," you asked her.

"She needs to learn how to flirt better," Maggie sighed setting up the balls for the next game.

"You didn't actually think I was going to leave you for her did you?" you laughed.

"It's not like you're my girlfriend or anything, you can go be with whoever you want," Maggie shrugged.

"Do you.. do you want me to be your girlfriend?" you asked hesitantly after hearing her say the g-word.

"I don't know, maybe... yes. Do you?" she said quietly.

"Maggie, the only person I'm interested in being with tonight is you," you said confidently.

Maggie stared at you for a moment before wrapping her arm around your neck and bringing you down to kiss her, "Good, because I think it's time we finally try being more than friends."

"I'd like that," you smiled.

Maggie untangled herself from you and picked up her cue stick like nothing happened, "it's tied one - one, loser of this game pays the tab and with your track record I think it's going to be you," she smirked, quickly returning to her old self.

"Oh it's on Sawyer," you laughed feeling absolutely weightless and still buzzing from Maggie kissing you after all those years of waiting for her.