Superhero duo (Kara x reader)

Request: Kara Danvers x reader

Request: Kara Danvers x reader. Reader is kryptonian and lived in secret their whole life until they decide to step in and save Kara from an alien.

Written by Jasmine

A/n - so I started watching Supergirl, and even though I'm only on the first season I thought I would write something! Also, I'm very in love with Kara Danvers.

You knew there would never be a dull moment when you started dating Kara. The two of you had been close friends before, and you knew she was Supergirl as soon you saw her on the news. She didn't hesitate to tell you the truth, and you had been dating ever since the day she told you who she was.

But even though Kara had exposed herself to you, you weren't quite ready to do the same. It would've been perfect to tell her you were from Krypton but hid your powers for your entire life on Earth. But even though the moment was perfect, you couldn't build up the nerve to tell her.

And now you sat with her on her couch, curled up together as you watched a show. Kara's phone began to ring, and she picked it up.

"What's up, Alex?" She greeted, the smile on her face dropping. "I'll be right there."

She turned to you with a guilty smile, and you chuckled.

"I'm sorry," She began. "I know I promised to spend the night-"

"Just go, Kara," You encouraged. "The world needs Supergirl."

She grinned, kissing you quickly. She raced out of the apartment, and you sighed.

Part of you wished that you could help Kara and the DEO, but you also didn't want the responsibility that came with exposing your powers. And if both you and Kara were continually fighting aliens, you feared you would never have any time for each other.

You decided to tune in to the news, watching as Kara stood face to face with an alien. Your stomach twisted as it knocked her down, praying that she would get back up.

The fight went on for about a minute or so before you began to get worried. Kara was out of breath, trying to get herself together before the alien could strike again. But she wasn't quick enough, and it pinned her down.

You didn't hesitate to race from the apartment and down onto the street, sprinting through an alley. You began to lift up, but you returned to the ground a few seconds later. You lifted up again, this time staying in the air. You grinned, before remembering why you were flying.

You flew right up to the white martian, knocking it off of Kara. It groaned but retaliated quickly. You blocked the hit, bringing your other fist up to its face. It fell back, before flying off.

You bent over, exhausted from using your powers so suddenly. You turned around, locking eyes with Kara. Her mouth was open, and she was just staring at you. You weren't sure what she was thinking, so you flew off the ground, heading back to your house.

You sat at home, staring into space. No matter how badly you wanted to see yourself on the news, you wouldn't give into the temptation. You had exposed yourself - but it was for a good reason.

Someone knocked on your door, and you were about to use your x-ray vision to see who it was was.

"It's Kara," The voice said, and your heart began to race.

"Come in!" You called, and the knob slowly turned. The door opened, and Kara shuffled inside. She took a seat beside you, a small smile on her face.

"Thank you," She said. "He would've kicked my ass."

You laughed lightly, picking at your fingernails. "You had him; I was just-"

"You're from Krypton?" She interrupted, grabbing your hand. "That's so cool! We're like, a superhero duo!"

You nodded, smiling at her. "I don't know if I could handle being a superhero."

Kara shook her head. "If anyone can do it, it's you."