Powers (Kara x reader)

Request: Imagine where the reader is born with powers but had just discovered them but doesn't tell Kara until she finds her having a panic attack in her room a month later because she doesn't know if they're good or bad and doesn't know how to use them and Kara calms her down with "I want to be normal again Kara" and then they have a small argument which makes y/ns panic attack worse and Kara feels bad and just cuddles with her

You had recently discovered that Kara wasn't the only one in National City with unhuman-like powers.

You hadn't been exposed to any extraterrestrial phenomenon's recently so you could only assume you were born with them, as to why these powers didn't develop until you were an adult, you didn't know. 

Surely Alex could do some testing and figure it out but you were too scared to anyone about these new developments. 

It had been weeks since the discovery but you couldn't yet control your powers, or tell if they were meant to be used for good or evil.

You were at Kara's for the usual game night with your friends when you felt a rush of uncontrolled senses flood your body and ended up shattering your beer bottle in your hand.

"Woah, Y/N are you alright?" Winn questioned as Alex tried to clean up the mess.

You started to panic, "I- I have to go," you said getting up and leaving the apartment.

"What was that about?" James asked Kara who had absolutely no idea.

"I don't know, I hope they're okay" Kara said concerned.

"They probably just need some space," Alex told her sister. 

A few hours later Kara showed up at your own apartment to check up on you. 

"Y/N, are you in there?" she said knocking on the door.

When you weren't answering she got worried and decided to fly in through your window.

"Kara, what the hell," you said when she flew in, "if someone doesn't answer the door that means they want to be alone," you said angrily, wiping away the tears on your face hoping she wouldn't notice.

"You've been crying... and you broke a bottle with your bare hand back at my place. What's going on Y/N, talk to me," she pleaded.

"I don't want to talk about it, please leave... preferably through the door this time" you said not looking back as you walked towards your bedroom.

"I'm not going anywhere until you tell me what's going," Kara said raising her voice.

Your panic attack started to get even worse as you leaned over your dresser, knuckles going white as you tightly gripped the edge, shutting your eyes and taking deep breathes trying to calm down.

Kara followed you into your room, "Y/N, Y/N are you okay?" she asked when she saw you.

She came up to you and put her hand on your back.

"I have powers Kara," you confessed finally opening your eyes.

"What?" she said confused.

"A month ago I found out I have powers kind of like yours... I cant- I can't control them," you said as more tears started running down your cheeks.

"Y/N, it's going to be alright," she said putting her hand over yours but you pulled away and stepped back.

"What if it doesn't, what if my powers can only be used for bad things, terrible things... I just want to be normal again Kara," you cried out.

You fell to the ground and Kara quickly got down, moving closer so she could hold you.

"I can't promise that things will go back to normal but I do promise that everything is going to be okay, we will get you help at the DEO, I will help you get control of your powers and they will be used for good," she told you.

She held you there for a while until you stopped crying, then you let her move you to your bed where you fell asleep next to her, your head on her chest and her arm around your waist.

What was going to happen when you awoke you weren't sure, but you felt like a weight had been lifted off your chest with Kara now knowing your secret.

You knew that whatever happened, Kara would be there for you when you needed her.