Prologue

Chase

"It's a major move right here baby, you gotta get wit it or get lost." Lil Wayne's voice boomed through my apartment from my big speakers.

I danced around my living room, warming myself up to sing the rest of the song, but the liquor in my system already had me warm enough.

I heard a knock on the door and I took a few steps over to it, and opened the door since I was already expecting Brandon, and danced back to where I was.

"Ugh, of course y'all drunk asses in here acting a fool." he said taking a seat.

"Br-Br-Brandon!" Cali said in the same voice as the girl from the deodorant commercial before getting back into the song. "It's young Lloyd reporting live from Atlanta Georgia."

"Decatur where it's greater," I sung proudly, twerking in place with my tongue out and realized what Brandon said. "Hey! We are not drunk."

"Mhm," he rolled his eyes, inspecting his makeup in his phone camera before tossing it to the side.

"Aww I miss golden glide," I pouted, dramatically plopping into the chair since they were taking up all the couch.

"Must be an Atlanta thing," Brandon shrugged, pouring himself a shot from the vanilla Crown Royal bottle, Cali and I had drank halfway down.

"Nuh uh, I'm from the west side. I grew up wit Cascade," Cali corrected.

Everybody has that friend that always talks about where they're from, and it's all of us.

"ATL hoe!" I laughed.

I was always deemed as quiet and reserved but with them I loved I could be myself, loud as I want, ignorant as I want, and if anything they just would act the same.

Belcalis, or Cali as I nicknamed her, and I met when we used to dance at Peaches of Atlanta. We bonded over all the things we had in common, including why we were stripping, and the fact that most of the strippers disliked us for no reason.

I knew the friendship was real when she told me the only reason she hadn't left the club when she was ready to was because she was waiting on me to be done. And that's what happened, as soon as I got my bachelors degree, we were out and been family ever since.

Brandon however, we met around a year and a half ago. Cali was having this big party for her birthday and Brandon did our makeup and we just clicked.

"305 hoe," Brandon danced in his seat, tossing back his third shot.

"Take that shit back to Miami," Cali shouted making me laugh.

"Have you heard from Mr. Sneaky?" Cali smirked.

"Don't mention him. Every time someone does, he cal-"

I was cut off by the music stopping and my phone sending multiple vibrations, seeing Tévon's number that I unfortunately had memorized, appear on the screen.

I missed him bad but I had been strong the past four months and I knew he wasn't good for me. I didn't bother letting it ring all the way out, I quickly declined the call so he'd know I'm not up for his games anymore.