Chapter 14

~ Chase ~

"This was a great semester, I had fun with you guys and I'll see y'all next year." I said my goodbye to my club and some of them gave me hugs on their way out.

It was the last day of school for this year which means almost a month break for the holidays, until next semester rolled around.

I cleaned off my desk and put away some stuff as other students exited the room and just when I thought everyone had left, I looked up and it was like I'd seen a ghost.

"Ms. Carter,"

"May I help you?"

"I don't know, can you?"

"If it's up to me, no. No I cannot." I mumbled, continuing to clean my room.

"Every call goes to voicemail and I haven't seen you since that night at the club. You were fucked up."

I didn't say anything as I packed the stuff I was taking home up.

He finally stopped talking and I sighed as he stood there staring at me.

"You must got a nigga."

I laughed, slipping on my coat, since I was about to walk into the mid December weather.

"I do, he's waiting at home for me." I smiled, gathering all my stuff and turning off the light as I walked out the door.

"Avoidin' me for a bum nigga?" he chuckled, taking my heavy bag as I walked to my car.

"Never that. I'm sure he makes just as much, if not more than you."

A chill went down my spine as the cold weather hit my face and I unlocked my car as we came up on it.

He put my stuff in the trunk and closed it before looking to me, as if I had something to say to him.

"Do me and you a favor and leave me alone Mr. Wilburn."

I got in and closed and locked my door and he stood in the same spot, staring as I pulled out of the space and drove off.

I took my keys out the door before I closed it behind me and slipped my coat and shoes off as the smell of food hit my nose.

I greeted my dog, Bella, who came to the door to tell me hi and played with her floppy ears before standing back up.

"Where that come from?" I asked Qua who had spent the night over.

He had on nothing but sweatpants and was at the breakfast bar eating what looked like a steak fajita.

"Ubereats. Come eat," he mumbled with his mouth full and I came in and washed my hands before digging in.

"How was work?" he asked as I took the seat next to him.

"Work was work. I'm just happy I'm off early." I shrugged.

We made small talk and when we were done eating, we moved over to the living room and turned on the tv, cuddled up watching the Cleveland Show.

Someone knocked on the door and I went over to it and looked out the peep hole seeing a long black ponytail and opened the door letting Cali in.

"This nigga always here when I'm tryna have tea time. Damn this the only person I can be messy wit and you tryna take her from me." Cali said, taking a seat on the opposite end of the couch.

Cali and I were too old to be creating beef and creating drama with anybody, but that didn't mean we couldn't talk about nobody else's drama.

"Girl shut up. Ion even know who y'all be talking bout." Quavo said and they looked at each other for a second.