Sacrifices

~ Chase ~

My thigh rested on his stomach as I played with his dreads and he looked up and kissed my jaw as we rested in the middle of the bed.

"You ready to go home?" 'Vaydius asked and I shook my head no.

I'd been here since the night Quavo left, which would make today the third day. I'd called him but he had made no effort to contact me, so it was over I guess.

I didn't tell Nayvadius what happened, he just assumed and asked if me and my nigga were over and I said yes. Nothing had happened between us. A few kisses here and there, all from him, but nothing really.

Christmas was in a few days and I was mentally beating myself up about letting one nigga have this much control over me as to where I'd been laying in a bed all day as if life wasn't gonna continue to go on.

"Actually... yeah. I think I'ma go Christmas shopping for my family."

"Aight. I could go with you."

"No. You've done enough. Thanks for the stay but I gotta get back to my life."

My phone started ringing and I looked over to it to see Cali's face on the screen and I answered it.

"Hello?"

"Now sis... don't be mad."

I hated those words, especially coming from her cause you never knew what she was gonna say.

"What?" I asked, feeling my heart start to beat faster due to me becoming anxious.

"The dogs gone."

"What!" I shouted.

Cali had been keeping my dog the past few days and out of all this time she never ran away so why would she now?

"I didn't have a leash on her, but-"

"Whatever. I'm on my way."

It was before noon, and was cloudy with the sun barely out and I hurried and got dressed and told Nayvadius bye and left.

Cali's apartment complex was down the street from mine and I circled the perimeter of the whole block a few times, not seeing a little black dog with a neon yellow collar.

I sighed and went to Cali's complex and didn't have to wait for her to ring me up because someone was walking out.

I took the elevator and once I got to her door, pounded on it until she opened it.

"How the fuck-"

"I don't know, okay?"

"It's not okay Cali-" I said, coming in and closing the door.

"You never use a leash and the dogs obedient so I assumed, one time won't hurt."

"But it did!"

"Someone must've taken her. I was on the phone letting her go to the bathroom. I had my back turned for a second and turned around and she was gone. I literally ran up and down this block, calling her and you know that dog would've came."

"Who would've taken a d-" I realized what city we were in and rolled my eyes.

"Whatever." I sighed, growing sadder cause things I loved kept getting stripped from me.

"Any word from mista huncho?" she asked.

"Girl fuck him."

She laughed, shaking her head.