Chances

• Quavo •

"Look, I apologize." I told her.

She looked me up and down and rolled her eyes, being dramatic as always before Kiari nudged her.

"Apology accepted." Cali mumbled.

She hadn't talked to me since that day Chase and I ended a month ago.

"I wanna apologize to Chase but I wanted to wait until she told me about her being pregnant."

"Well you gon be waitin' foreva. Wait how you know she's pregnant?"

"Why I gotta be the last to know?" Ki asked.

"It ain't yo baby," me and Cali said at the same time.

"Devin told me. How far along is she?"

"Almost four months now."

I counted back on my hands and realized she got pregnant around my birthday.

"Four months? What is it?"

"A fuckin human? I don't know."

"I'm sayin' tho, she should know the gender by now."

"She not gone know til the gender reveal."

"And when is that?"

"Next month."

"You should go." Kiari suggested.

"It's invite only." Cali fake smiled.

"Then give me a invite."

"Hell nawl. I ain't gettin in trouble. You can ask her mama or somebody but between that girl and her mood swings. She might swing on me."

I sighed, leaning back on the kitchen counter.

"Maybe you should surprise her at her next doctors appointment. I mean she gotta go to the doctor before the party." Ki said what I was thinking.

"Is that alright witchu?" I joked with Cali.

"I'm not gone get hit for it so sure," she shrugged.

Kiari walked off and before Cali did, I grabbed her arm and pulled her back.

"How is she?" I asked her, curious since it'd been a month since I'd seen or heard from her.

"Breathin," she crossed her arms and I kissed my teeth.

"I'm serious. Is she straight."

"Don't ask unless you gone fix it."

"Cali," I gave her a look.

She looked me up and down and sighed, knowing I genuinely just wanted to know.

"She's not. After y'all broke up, and made that song, she lost her job for messin' with a student's parent and since she lost her job, she lost her apartment and had to move in with her mom, and it's a chance she could lose her car. Everything's just fucked up for her right now."

I bit the inside of my cheek, having mixed emotions about the subject.

"I'ma fix it." I said and Cali laughed.

"She's not gone let you do that."

"Then help me, help her."

"Dekalb Women's Specialists. Friday at 1 is her next appointment." she said before walking away.