Cross the Country

~ Chase ~

"Ow!" I flinched. "Give it to me, I'll do it."

"Man I got it," Qua smacked his lips, tryna cut the strings of my sew in.

"You clearly don't got it. You keep stabbing me."

"You keep complainin'," he laughed.

We were having a lifetime movie night, which we had any time he was in Atlanta for the past month.

Things had been good between us. We weren't official nor rushing it but we both had got to know each other well and becoming closer, but I had to bring it up. We had been seeing each other for almost two months.

"Are we gonna actually date?" I asked.

He continued cutting, like I didn't say what I said, loud and clear.

"I thought that's what we was doin'."

"I mean are we gonna eventually be together in an exclusive relationship."

"Yes."

Men are annoying, and sometimes you have to take charge and tell them how it's gonna go down, cause if you don't say anything, they'll assume you're content with how shit is, and won't try to get into a relationship because you settled for how things are. It's how situationships start and that's what this is not.

"Well it needs to be within the next few months, because we're too old to just be messing around and I'm not gonna wait six months or so, just for you to tell me how you're not ready to commit."

"I hear ya, I hear ya." he yawned, and I looked back up to the tv.

We both kissed our teeth at the girl falling but not getting up and I leaned my head to the side so he could finish taking my weave out.

"You always leaving me," I pouted, circling my arms around his waist.

"I know," he ran his hand through my straightened shoulder length hair.

They had a new project coming up so I was gonna see even less of him, but he was usually good at being consistent through distance.

He was headed to Chicago late tonight but I was gonna be headed out tomorrow morning to meet 'Vaydius for a fashion show in New York.

I was tired of sticking to one man and that same man sticking to me and a few other bitches, so until he confirmed I was the only female he's messing with, I was not confined to him and only him.

"And don't forget a certain someone's birthday is in a few weeks," I stroke a pose.

"Who?" he raised a brow and I crossed my arms.

"Haaa!" he pretended like he was gon pick my nose and I swatted his hand as he laughed.

"You not funny," I rolled my eyes about to walk away, knowing he'd pull me back, which he did.

"I'm playin, whatchu want?"

"I ain askin for nothin crazy. Get me what I'm worth to you." I shrugged.

"You said nothin crazy, so why would getchu a Bugatti?"

I blushed, taking a deep breath, tryna settle the butterflies in my stomach as he cockily smirked at me and I hit his chest.