Chapter 26

~ Chase ~

"The results came back from the broken condom in the trash and it's Quavo's DNA, what you thought could possibly help the situation, seems to be hurting it cause now they're saying he used a condom to rape her and it broke, leaving his semen and he tried to throw it in the outside trash so when you called the police, it wouldn't be in the room where they could find it." Detective Morgan said.

"No," I groaned, holding my head in my hands.

"Look, I understand you're trying to help, but he wasn't supposed to go back to that house, and him going back can be used in court as another point against him, to say he went to hide something else in that house."

"It was his idea." I shook my head and rolled my eyes.

"Well we see what good that did. Chase, be careful, and stay away from that house, I'll continue looking for clues someone else could've done it, but you two can't, it makes y'all look guilty."

"Alright," I mumbled, feeling defeated.

"Let me know if you think of anyone it could be. And please stop stressing, it's not good for them." she looked from my face to my stomach.

"Okay. Thanks Aunt Sharon." I half smiled, getting up.

I opened the door to her office and she hugged me goodbye.

I began walking out and passing the front office and I saw an unfortunately familiar face.

"You not gon speak?" Nayvadius asked and I sighed.

"I didn't plan on it," I shrugged.

"What you doing here?" we asked simultaneously.

"Talking to my mom's friend. You?"

"Had to bail someone out." he said.

I looked over at the guy at the front desk who was face into the computer, not worried about us and where I was standing which was a little far from 'Vadius who was sitting in the empty waiting room.

"I know shit may be a lil hard right now, but call me if you..." he paused, sizing me up for a second. "Need to take ya mind off things."

"I don't plan on it."

"That's a shame cause I had plans on you."

"Goodbye Nayvadius," I said as he watched me head to the door.

"Later Ms. Carter." he slightly waved.

"Mrs. Marshall soon enough." I mumbled to myself, walking to my car.

I was going back to Qua's mom's house since that's where the police wanted him to stay until court because they were adamant that he did it.

I rolled my eyes at the cop car sitting across the street and went up to the door, typing the code in for it to open.

"Hello?" I called out, locking the door behind me.

"What'd they say?" Qua asked, coming around the corner.

"That now they really think you did it. It was your condom so they think you put it in there." I sighed. "This is just getting worse and worse."