First48

~ Chase ~

I woke up laying on my back and something sticky was over my mouth so I couldn't talk. I looked down at my ankles bound together with duck tape.

My head was pounding and I didn't know what time it was because the one window only showed a dusty blue sky so it could be almost night or early morning.

I yanked my arm and looked up to see my wrists constrained by tape to the wooden slatted headboard.

I scooted up and stretched over to my left arm and used my fingers to take the tape off my mouth.

I didn't know where I was or who I was dealing with so I didn't wanna scream and whoever this was, come in here and shoot me.

I gnawed at the tape on my wrist, finding the edge of the tape and exchanging the end between my fingers and teeth, unwrapping it until it was completely off.

I used my freehand to unwrap my other wrist, then unwrapped my feet. I looked at the door and noticed I was in a room where the lock was on the outside and went to the window.

I was looking into a plain backyard that had nothing but woods behind the small fence. Not caring that I was obviously on a second floor, I unlocked the window and tried to push it up.

It was like it was glued shut because no matter where I tried to pull it up from, it wouldn't budge.

Footsteps in the hall scared me and I looked around, noticing the bed was too low and I felt like the closet was too obvious and I scurried behind the door as they unlocked it from the outside.

It slowly was pushed open, with a loud squeak and I held my breath, growing anxious by the second.

"She's gone!" a deep voice shouted.

I recognized the voice from somewhere but didn't have time to think of who it was, cause I was scared to see what was about to happen.

I heard him walk in and from what I could hear, he checked the closet and left out the room and down the hall.

I panicked, going into the hall and went the opposite direction he went into and quietly but quickly opened the door to a room and closed it behind me.

It was evident this is the master bedroom and as I looked around it was obvious the room was currently being lived in.

I heard footsteps again and looked into the bathroom, and decided against it and ran into the big, dark walk in closet.

I hid behind big racks that were doubled up and peered between the crowded clothing line of shirts.

I tried to catch my breath but put my hand over my mouth when I heard the bedroom door open.

"Come out bitch." they said but this time it was a female voice.

She started looking around and I knew I couldn't stay in here forever because they'd come back to their bedroom, but this just got two times harder, since there's two of them.

She turned the bathroom light out and I held my breath as she came to the closet and flipped the light on.

She looked around and figured she didn't see anything so she turned the light off and walked out and left the room.

I exhaled, shaking my head, knowing I had to get out of here and waited a few minutes before leaving the room and tip toeing into the hall.

It was so quiet, all I could hear is my heartbeat and I walked along the side of the hall incase there were creaks in the floor.