Kidding Me

~ Chase ~

I balanced the tray I had in one hand and chose a throwback playlist to let play through my stereo and tossed my phone on the bed.

"Happy Birthday!" I shouted, happily as I sat the tray of breakfast over his lap.

His eyes squinted open and he sat up, adjusting them to the light, and scooting back to get comfortable.

"Thank ya," he slightly smiled, digging in and I sat next to him, hugging his side and he laughed.

I stayed attached to him the whole time he ate until he was finished and laid back, full with my arms still around him.

"Whatchu want, some dick or sumn?"

I laughed, shaking my head and got up.

"No, I got enough last night." I stretched, walking into the bathroom.

"Nah, you didn't," he bit his lip.

He held me from behind as I brushed my teeth, rocking us to the flow of Differences, that was blasting through the speakers outside.

"Someone's in a good mood." I mumbled, since he rarely danced in a romantic way.

"You bout to meet my mama. You ready for that?" he cheesed.

"I don't gotta choice but to be," I said before rinsing my mouth out.

"True." He chuckled.

Qua didn't want much for this birthday, he was just having a simple barbecue with his friends and family.

I squirmed out of his hold and turned on the shower and stripped out of the panties I had on, throwing them in the hamper and hopping in as he started getting ready too.

"So I been thinkin'," he said still running his toothbrush over his teeth and I glanced to my right and could see him through the clear door.

"Thinking what?" I asked, still scrubbing my body with a fresh rag and soap.

"Maybe we should go public."

I paused, thinking about what he just said and thought for a minute before continuing what I was doing.

I mean, I was comfortable with my normal life, not being in the limelight, but he's ready to show me off, without me asking which was another big step for us.

I had a feeling this would eventually backfire because yet and still, I hadn't told him, but me saying that I don't want to, would seem shady.

"If that's what you're ready to do, then..." I shrugged as he stepped in behind me.

"I been ready," he mumbled, biting my neck and tickling my side and I giggled.

"C'mere Chase!" he called and I smiled, walking up to him and some older women.

"Y'all this is my girlfriend Chase, Chase this is my Aunt Dee, Uncle Reggie and my mama."

"Hi," I waved shyly as he wrapped his arm around my waist and rubbed my stomach like he always did when he could tell I was nervous.