Chapter 3

"Now, while I understand you're a bunch of teenagers and you'll most definitely get into more trouble this summer, I am trusting that you will set at least a decent example for the kids" Alice Christopher stated, scanning the group of counselors with her eyes. To her daughter's, Jackie's, surprise, the group hadn't gotten into much trouble for their "cleaning escapades", but they did have to sit through an intense warning.

"Now to the real reason we're here" Alice continued. "Group assignments!" she grinned. Ariel and Paris danced excitedly for a second, until they realized Harry, Niall, and Louis were watching them, slightly entertained. The two giggled and went back to standing still with their arms crossed. "You are going to be in charge of this age group for the whole summer. Most of them are going through a tough time and our job is to help them the best we can, even if that is just making sure they have a good time this summer. Please don't do anything stupid" Alice pleaded, glaring directly at Jackie, who's jaw dropped. Niall cackled at her. Jackie snarled back.

Alice grinned and continued. "I'm sure you guys are going to do great. If you have any problems, you can ask me, my husband, Jerry, Mr or Mrs. Kennedy, or Mr. and Mrs. Slader" she motioned to the five adults in the back of the room. The girl counselors glanced at Paris at the mention of her parents, the Kennedys, and the boys all nudged Jake at the mention of his parents, the Sladers.

"Alright, Kali and Zayn?" Alice asked. Her oldest daughter and Zayn looked at her. "Ya'll are in charge of the third graders." Kali and Zayn shrugged. "Audri? Niall? Y'all get the fourth graders." Audri and Niall exchanged a high five. Alice didn't notice. "Fifth graders will be with Jackie and Harry." She looked at Jackie and Harry, who were dancing awkwardly. She rolled her eyes. "Don't make me regret putting you two together." The two immediately stopped dancing. Everyone laughed. Even Alice grinned. "Jake, Tiffani? You're taking the sixth graders this year," Jake whistled loudly and Tiffani just smiled. "Ariel and Louis? The seventh graders are all yours."

"Oh yeah!" Louis exclaimed and then he and Ariel exchanged a fun little handshake they made up on the spot.

Alice rolled her eyes. "That leaves the eighth graders with Paris and Liam. Is that okay?" Alice asked, directing her question towards Paris. Paris nodded. "Okay, then get your groups sign and registration clipboard with name tags from Mrs. Kennedy and Mrs. Stewart. Kids are supposed to arrive any moment now. Let's move it people!"

The teenagers scattered around, trying to get ready for the campers to arrive. About 20 minutes later, the first swarm of kids entered the room. A stampede of fifth graders consumed Jackie and Harry. Third graders ran around panicking, waiting for either Kali or Zayn to call out and get there attention. It was chaotic and loud. Kids were standing on tables, jumping on each other, and using at the top of their lungs.

Before Niall knew it, about five fourth graders pounced on him, tackling him to the ground.

"Hey!" Audri yelled. The kids paused momentarily and looked up at her. "Look here you little mother f-"

"Audri!" Niall snapped. "Not in front of the kids!"

Audri rolled her eyes. "Fudge nuggets," she corrected herself. "You are going to get off of him, sit in a nice quiet circle, and behave like the nice little nauseating pests you are, and we're all going to have a lovely summer, okay?"

"What happens if we don't?" a little boy asked.

"Then I'll squeeze you so hard your eyeballs pop out" Audri threatened. The kid's eyes widened.

"Wow, your a bit harsh" Niall shrugged. Audri rolled her eyes.

  Across the room, Harry and Jackie took names of some fifth graders who were there. "OMG! Its toats Harry from One Direction!" a girl squealed.