Chapter 27

Paris sat down beside Liam on the large porch swing outside of the dormitories and rested her head on his shoulder. The kids were gone and in a couple of hours, the boys and Ariel would be headed to the airport to catch a midnight flight back to the UK.

"I can't believe summer is over" Paris sighed.

"Me either" Liam replied. It was silent between them for a moment.

"Hey!" Paris popped her head up. Liam turned to look at her gentle smile. She grabbed his hand and interlaced their fingers. "I wanted to thank you."

"What for?" he asked with a curious expression.

She grinned. "For everything. Being my partner, being my friend, helping me sort out my reckless personal life. Thanks."

He smiled genuinly and kissed her forehead. "Thank you" he stated.

"What for?" she echoed him, slightly giggleing.

He chuckled. "For everything" he kissed her lips.

She laughed. "You're welcome!" She laid her head back on his shoulder. Neither of them spoke. They rocked back and forth on the swing.

"Come away with me" Liam blurted.

Paris frowned and picked her head up again. "Liam," she sighed.

"No, I mean it" he stated. "I'll get you a job with our management team. You can go on tour with us. Come back with me and the boys and Ariel. You know she needs you! I need you."

Paris faught back tears. "Liam, we've only been dating for a few days" she whispered.

"So?" Liam questioned.

She felt her heart breaking. "I can't drop everything for a boy I just met! That's a huge step for me! In fact, it's really big. I just can't do it. I'm sorry!"

"You wouldn't be dropping everything!" he protested.

She inhaled sharply. "Moving to another country for love is dropping everything! I have a life here; a family. I can't just leave my parents. Besides, UCLA is expecting me this semester. Not to mention. I don't have any money! What happens if we don't make it? Huh? I'd be stranded there!"

Liam was too emotional to be thinking clearly. "Don't you believe in us?" he asked pathetically, trying to make her feel guilty.

She groaned. "Of course I do! And I want us to work out! But we can't tell the fututre. What if," she paused and lowered her tone. "What if fate doesn't have us together in the end? I really, really like you Liam, but we don't know each other well enough to be making these kinds of desicians. I'm sorry!"

"Harry and Ariel are!" he argued.

"Harry and Ariel are so much more carefree than I could ever be!" she yelled. She immediatly started crying. "I'm sorry!" she croaked. "I'm sorry, but I can't."

Liam stared at her as she sobbed and his heart cracked. He wrapped his arms around her and held her tight. "I'm sorry" he whispered and kissed her hair. "I'm sorry."

The Last Time Skip of Summer......oh no! *tears, tears*

Paris and Liam walked hand in hand towards the rest of the group, which was gathered around two eleven passneger vans outside of the messhall. Louis was in the middle of the sad crowd, making a dramatic scene.

"I know I will be missed!" Louis cried. "Don't shed tears for me! We'll all meet again someday, but as for now, I must say good bye!" He ran up to Paris and grabbed her wrist, forcing her to hold her hand over her chest where her heart would be. "Promise me this," he whispered. She raised her eyebrows. "Promise me that you'll keep me here, in your heart."