Chapter 18

Paris didn't look up when Louis sat down next to her on the park bench. For once, he didn't say anything, and she was grateful. She stared at her feet as she swung her feet band forth over the sidewalk.

"Sorry for making a scene" she apologized.

"Its cool" Louis nodded. "I do it all the time."

Paris snorted. "Gosh, I'm so pathetic! I totally overreacted, didn't I? He's gonna hate me now! Uh! But he deserved it! I mean, ever since Mitch has gotten here, Liam has been acting like a prick! I really thought he was better than that! What did Mitch even do anyway? Nothing! Ugh! He makes me so mad!"

"I'm not going to make excuses for him," Louis spoke. "What he did was pretty rash and uncalled for, but maybe something else is going on."

Paris looked at him. "I'm just saying," Louis continued. "I'm a guy, and I've lived with four other guys for a while now, and if my girlfriend's long lost guy bestfriend showed up out of the blue and was really close to her, I'd be a little jealous. And you know me, I'm pretty chill."

She laughed slightly. "But Liam and I arent dating" she pointed out.

"Doesn't mean he doesn't want to" Louis stated.

"What?"

Louis rolles his eyes. "You are the most oblivious person on the planet."

"Hey!" she snapped.

"Its true!" he responded.

She opened her mouth to respond but closed it when she realized what Louis was saying. "Liam likes me?"

"Likes is such a weak word for your.situation" Louis stated. Her eyes widened. "Now, he'd never admit it, but he's got it bad for you. And even if I wasn't the love expert that I am, because I'm awesome," she rolled her eyes, "I could still infer that you love him too. And not in that cute brotherly way."

Paris looked at him with an awestruck expression.

"Oh come on!" Louis gawked. "You're that oblivious? Okay, think about it: what's the one thing you wanted this summer? To stop grieving."

"How do you know about that?" Paris snapped.

"Ariel is my partner" he reminded her. "Relax, she doesn't just randomly spill your secrets. Now, back to my point, you thought this summer would help you quit grieving without forgetting London. Paris, I don't know what type of person you were before, but from Ariel has told me, you used to have a happiness about you that lit up the room, and you weren't afraid to put your guard down and get in trouble. This summer, with the girls, you've been.going through the motions. Ariel told me how you outraged when they cut my hair. But everytime I've seen you with Liam, you've been that genuinley happy girl I've heard about. And London would want you to be happy."

Paris was grinning by the end of Louis's speech, and happy tears were forming in her eyes. "So what should I do?"

Louis smiled at her. "Well first and.foremost, forgive Liam. And then after that, find a way to declare your undying love for each other, but spare me the details!" he winked.

Her jaw dropped. "Louis!"

He laughed as she playfully hit his shoulder. "I'm just saying!"

They laughed for a good ten minutes. When she finally calmed down, she sighed. "We should head back. Everyone is probably tired of waiting. I totally ruined Counselor's.night out."

"I think we can blame that on Mitch and Liam" Louis grinned. "Besides, everyone took the camp van back. You and I were left with truck." He.grinned and pulled the keys out of his pocket.

She laughed. He offered his arm out to her. She grinned and linked her arm with his and they skipped down the sidewalk, ignoring the awkward stares they were gaining.

Ten minutes later....in camp truck...on the way back to camp..

"How did you ever get your liscense?" Louis teased.

"Hey! I am an excellent driver!" Paris snapped. He laughed at her as she slammed on the breaks to keep.from hitting a deer. "Its these stulid deer!"

"Uh-huh" Louis nodded, amused. "Whatever. Hit the gas and actually get us somewhere!"

"Shut up and let me drive!" she barked. Louis turned the volume on.the radio up. "Oh!" Paris squealed. "I love this song!"

"Eyes on the road!" Louis snapped before singing along to the radio. "You were working as a waitress in a cocktail bar...."

Paris giggled as he sang. She rolled the windows down and joined him. "Dont? Don't you want me?" she echoed him.

"You think you've changed your mind" they glanced at each other. "YOU BETTER CHANGE IT BACK OR WE WILL BOTH BE SORRY!" they yelled.

As the broke into the chorus, they began dancing. Paris bobbed her head as she belted out the lyrics with Louis.

"DON'T YOU WANT ME BABY? DON'T YOU WANT ME, OH OH OH OH, DON'T YOU WANT ME BABY? DON'T YOU WANT ME--- AHHHHHHHH!" Paris screamed as she lost control of the car.

authors note: please dont hate me.