Chapter 12

"Hey butthole!" Audri yelled at Louis. Louis turned around and faced her.

"That's not my name!" he snapped.

"You answered", Audri grinned. Louis frowned. " Aw, just shut up and Give me a boost! We're challenging the two love birds over there to a duel."

Louis looked at Harry and Ariel. They were both laughing as they splashed water into each other's faces. "What if I don't want to?" Louis challenged Audri.

"Then I will drown you, and don't think for a second I'm kidding" Audri threatened. Louis rolled his eyes before ducking under the water and letting her climb onto his shoulders.

It was free time and Paris, Louis, Audri, Ariel, Harry, and Jake were all hanging out at the lake while their partners were watching their group of kids. Louis and Ariel had taken their seventh graders to the lake so that they could both hang out with their friends. A few fourth graders had followed Audri there, but they were mostly there to fish. Jake had left Tiffani to deal with all of the sixth graders, who were enjoying arts and crafts. Jackie had literally forced Harry to take half of the fifth graders and leave her alone because she was getting annoyed with him. And Paris hung out with a couple of eighth grade boys who wanted to go fishing.

Louis and Audri sludged through the water closer to the dock where Ariel and Harry were messing around.

"Let's go Ariel! I challenge he you to a chicken fight!" Audri yelled.

Ariel rolled her eyes before climbing onto Harry's shoulders. "You are so going down!"

The girls struggled and tried to knock each other off. Paris and several kids watched from the dock.

"I am going to knock you into next week!", Audri grunted.

" Puh-lease? You? You are a little pipsqueak! " Ariel said as she gave Audri a huge shove. Audri fell backwards and plopped into a water.

When she resurfaced, she was outraged that Louis hadn't really been hanging on to her. "Louis, you a-"

Paris cleared her throat and shot Audri a warning look.

"What?", Louis grinned and shrugged. "Ariel has a really hard shove."

Ariel laughed and slipped off of Harry's shoulders. Harry pulled her out of the water and embraced her into a tight embrace.

"Ew! A spider! Someone kill it!" an eighth grade boy screamed. Paris looked back to see a tall, skinny boy jumping around at the end of the dock. She watched his friend roll his eyes before stomping down hard on the dock.

"Thank goodness!" the first boy cried. "I will do muddy water and dort all day lo g but I will not do spiders. Spiders are just creepy!"

"Amen!" Paris agreed.

It startled the boy. "Oh, hey Ms. Paris" he scratched the back of his head.

"Hello Juan, how are you?" Paris asked.

"Good, but a little bored. I wish there was something to do other than fishing" Juan replied.

"You could swim" Paris suggested.

"Yeah, but that's no fun when you're by yourself" Juan pointed out.

Paris thought for a second. "Hey, Ariel! Harry! Louis! Audri, Jake!" she called out. Her fellow counselors looked at her. "This kid says he's not having much fun" she pointed to Juan. "Who wants to play Marco Polo?"

The counselors agreed. "What's your name?" Ariel asked.

"You look Jewish" Audri blurted out. Ariel's eyes widened at her.

"My name is Juan" the boy replied.

Ariel looked back at him shocked. "I did not peg you to be named Juan. Do you speak Spanish?" she asked.

"No," he replied. "But my mom's from Mexico."

Ariel through her hands up into the air and slammed them back into the water. "Works for me" she shrugged.

"Hehe" Audri laughed. "Hello Juan. Did you know you are here with Juan Direction?"

The boys cracked up. Even Juan laughed. "Go ahead, I've heard all the Juan jokes before."

"Hey Juan!" Louis called out. "Do you use Juan ply or two?"

"Louis!" Paris snapped.

"I don't use ply?" Juan. answered, confused.

Paris gasped and looked back at him. "You don't use toilet paper?"

"Oh" Juan exclaimed when he realized what "ply" meant.

Audri laughed. "He uses a leaf!"

Paris rolled her eyes. "Just shut up and play the game" she scolded before she jumped into the lake. Juan followed her. "Who's it first?"

"Can I be it?" Jake begged like a little kid.

"Sure" Paris shrugged.

here we go, a time skip

"Niall and I hung out all afternoon!" Jackie gushed at dinner. "We had an awesome time; he even played his guitar for me and my kids!"

"Weren't you two supposed to be watching the kids?" Audri snapped.

"We did" Jackie snapped back.

"Sup, guys?" Niall asked as he sat his tray down in the table in between Paris and Ariel.

"Nothing much" Audri and Jackie answered at the same time with a smile on their faces.

"Cool" Niall stated, taking a bite of his hamburger. He leaned over to whisper something in Paris's ear. "With you and Ariel go to town with me tomorrow? I'll big lunch."

"What for?" Paris whispered back.

"I need to ask you guys something very important" he replied.

Paris looked at Ariel. She turned back to Niall. "We'll see you then."

authors note: Juan is a real person that my friends and I met on a dock.